Using the Mystery Ranch Lid on Duplex and Timberline Bag (pics)

blgoode

Lil-Rokslider
I read a thread a while back that asked about using a MR Day Pack Lid on the Kifaru Duplex Frame.

Well... I happen to really like the MR Lid because it isn't one large opening but 2 separate areas which makes smaller items not fall into the lid Abbis.

I have a medium pouch to add to my standard Kifaru Lid to add some organization to that lid and if I want more I'll use the MR Lid.

All I needed was either split ring female buckled or closed set to add to the lid strap on my Timberline 2 bag.

Hope this helped anyone thinking about this option.

I plan on using the MR Lid when I use just the Duplex Frame and the Cargo Panel possibly. Pods are lighter but those I don't have so I'll enjoy the morphing of what my needs will be.

OP
blgoode

blgoode

Lil-Rokslider
Ha ha. I love both brands so why not. I do love the duplex frame over my NICE frame so far but different base need that both designs originated from so to me their not exactly comparable. One seems to achieve what I'm looking for at the moment the best so that's why I am adding tools to the toolbox.

OP
blgoode

blgoode

Lil-Rokslider
I have only just under 10 miles use with the Duplex Set up since I got it Monday but so far exactly what I was missing!

bbrown

WKR
FYI I heard from MR that a smaller daypack lid in the range of 600-700 CI should be available this summer. I like my longhunter lid but could stand if it was a bit smaller - so I am curious to check that one out. Tried the normal daypack lid but it is actually a bit bigger than the longhunter.

OP
blgoode

blgoode

Lil-Rokslider
Get the standard lid and add a large pouch on it maybe.

Duk Dog

Lil-Rokslider
Another plus of the divided MR lid is it makes a perfect cradle to use it as a gun rest, I've shot a few animals off of it now. I've been toying with using a MR lid on my new DT1 pack similar to what you've done.

I use the MR daypack lid with my nomad/bikini, adds a couple ounces, but it's definitely my favorite pack lid.

Tiger Rag

WKR
Good info, look like a solid mod! I'll keep this one in the back burner until I get a chance to try out my new EMR II/Longhunter lid which I should have next week.