USPS Issues?

It’s not just packages. Fifth bill and check just went AWOL in the last two months. And they never send a $19 check on vacation. They only screw up on the big ones. So you can pile extra dough into that account or shell out the Stop Payment fees with the bank.

USPS is on my chit list right now.

Bought a red dot. Usps put it in the wrong box on Jan 6. Says delivered. Fought with everyone involved and because some mail van guy marked it delivered, I get screwed. Almost 2 months later and can't get my money back and it hasn't magically shown up.

USPS is horrible. They are heavily subsidized by tax dollars and still losing tons of $.
They lost a shotgun barrel I bought on ebay...

mlgc20

WKR
I will always pay extra when possible to get UPS or FedEx. They occasionally have issues. The Post Office consistently has issues.

OP
SheepDogRob

SheepDogRob

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a quiver the 1st week of December that shipped from Pennsylvania . It left Penn and 4 days later was in Denver. The next day it shipped and in 2 days was scanned in GUAM. Where it sat with no update for 3 WEEKS. When it departed Guam it went not to L.A., or Phx, but back to Denver for almost a week. Then to Casa Grande, then Phx, then up here an hour and a half north. Just short of 5 weeks. My buddy is a mailman in Michigan and whe I told him he said Eh, just be glad you got it, usually stuff that goes to Guam that wasn’t actually supposed to be mailed there just....stays in Guam.
Yeah, I went to high school in Guam. I’m surprised you got it too

AZ8

WKR
I mailed something on the 19th, expected delivery on the 22nd. Last scan shows it arrived in Phoenix on the 19th. Here were are on the 24th and it’s in limbo.....somewhere....It says it’s late, but still on its way to its destination.....ugh

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
USPS routinely drops my packages and mail off at a house one street over but with the same number. They also started tossing the mail on the ground outside of our front door instead of putting it in the mailbox.

I mean hey, I get it. Delivering the mail sucks. But don’t people have a little bit of pride in what they do?

Blackcow

WKR
I mailed something on the 19th, expected delivery on the 22nd. Last scan shows it arrived in Phoenix on the 19th. Here were are on the 24th and it’s in limbo.....somewhere....It says it’s late, but still on its way to its destination.....ugh
Maybe it’s in Guam

Coldtrail

WKR
I am dealing with the same issue, recently shipped an item "priority express" one day, it's been off the radar for several days since getting the the distribution center. The hopeful recipient stopped at the post office to question it and was told "you both should have known better, the post office is not honoring 1-2 day shipping"

Um....you advertise it, sell it, and charged me for it though & didn't honor the agreement. If you ran any other business that way you may end up with anything from a flaming bag of dog poop on your steps to broken knee caps.

Vandy321

WKR

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, ok...they have operated at a loss since 2006.
not saying they didnt operate with a loss, just saying with the exception of the CARES Act, they arent funded by the government. So Yeah ok...

Vandy321

WKR
not saying they didnt operate with a loss, just saying with the exception of the CARES Act, they arent funded by the government. So Yeah ok...

Not funded technically, but bailed out repeatedly...semantics.

T28w

WKR
Jesus dude...did I hurt your feelings with the defund post? It's called satire...you know, playing on all the defund the police, defund ICE crap
Yeah but it sounds like he thinks the usps is solvent financially......and he’d be very very wrong.

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
hurt feelings? Nah, i was just trying to explain a misconception that people have about the post office being federally funded. Hard to read sarcasm on a post.
I would have found it more sarcastic if it was worded like "maybe the federal government shouldnt mandate that they have to deliver on Saturdays and to unprofitable parts of the country" That would have been good sarcasm.
Jesus dude...did I hurt your feelings with the defund post? It's called satire...you know, playing on all the defund the police, defund ICE crap

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah but it sounds like he thinks the usps is solvent financially......and he’d be very very wrong.
Not sure where i gave that impression. i even stated that i didnt say they did

go_deep

WKR
My wife paid $30ish for 2 day shipping from Cheyenne Wyoming to Rochester Minnesota. It left Cheyenne, Denver, Chicago, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Rapid City, Twin Cities, Chicago, Rochester Minnesota, 27 days later. She asked about a refund since it didn't get there in 2 days, no, sorry ma'am, that's just an estimated date of arrival. 5 star operation they are.