USPS Issues?

Mosby

WKR
I ordered something from Midway. It sat in their local post office for over 3 weeks after charging me for the item. No time estimate for when I would receive it. Finally got Midway to cancel my order and provide a refund. A couple of weeks later the item showed up damaged in an unpadded envelope.

the USPS has operated at a loss since 2006

But I'm sure fortune magazine is wrong to say taxpayers bailout USPS year after year. Its not just CARES

They've operated at a loss since 2006 because W signed the Postal Accountability Enhancement Act into law and that's the year it went into effect. The Act requires the USPS to pre-fund employee's retirement for many years in the future. No other agency is bound by this.

The USPS is solely funded by revenue from postage and postal products - not taxpayers. The current Postmaster General asked for a loan for $10b due to covid losses.

What's funny is the USPS has contracted with FedEx to transport all of their Priority and First Class packages and mail since around 2003. With the weather in the nation lately FedEx has been "grounded". Moreover, apparently only about 15 or so people have been showing up to work at the Memphis hub. So there's been a week or so where mail hasn't flown, which has created a backlog. Compound that backlog with only a handful of workers showing up exacerbates the problem.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I currently have 3 packages floating around out there is USPS land. Who knows where they are. 2 of the 3 are late and all tracking says is your package will arrive later than expected but is still on its way. They have been currently in transit to the next facility for days now. What a joke.

I sold a .22lr barrel to another member here. Sent it on the 12 of Feb. It was supposed to take 5 days from MT to AZ. There was some snow and -20 below weather etc. It sat somewhere for over a week and was delivered on the 22nd.
Pony express time frames.

Abolt2

FNG
I still have a claim trying to process with USPS. I have called 4 times to no avail. Get this: I shipped a box of Nosler’s from North Alabama to Tennessee. By the time the priority box was delivered, the Bullets were gone and a pair Georgia Tech socks were in the box. I took extra measures in taping up the priority box too!

BlackTail

Lil-Rokslider
I mailed priority a rifle stock that I sold last week going from Washington State to New Mexico. Mailed it on the 16th with an expected delivery on the 19th. On the 17th it made it to Portland and hasn’t moved since. Same “Your package will arrive late” message.

The week before I mailed out two Valentines Day cards for my kids and the USPS charged me $4 each because they said the envelopes were “bumpy”! USPS is at the very top of my chit list right now.

USPS is too unreliable. I try and have all of my orders thru UPS. I have good delivery driver. I order tons of stuff.

NB7

WKR
I watched the tracking # on an item we ordered from MO, make it to MD, get to the eastern shore (where I am), go out to WV, sit for over a week, then come back to the eastern shore and finally get delivered, all about 4 weeks after it shipped, and it shipped the day after it was ordered.
Was also just informed by friends that our Christmas card just showed up in late January. They live in DE, where the mail usually gets from our house to theirs in 2 days. My wife sent those cards out on Dec 1st.
Can't blame covid, UPS and FedEx aren't dropping the ball lilke the USPS is.

USPS is by far the worst! Had many poor experiences with them, no accountability. Not sure a private business could stay afloat performing like they do.
My last purchase was from a supplier in Maine, I'm in the upper Midwest, the package got lost in DALLAS for weeks. I filed the lost package claim, again, got the standard USPS Auto Reply which now includes Covid as an excuse.

def90

WKR
I still have a claim trying to process with USPS. I have called 4 times to no avail. Get this: I shipped a box of Nosler’s from North Alabama to Tennessee. By the time the priority box was delivered, the Bullets were gone and a pair Georgia Tech socks were in the box. I took extra measures in taping up the priority box too!
Bullets or ammo? Can’t ship ammo via USPS, who knows if they will try to classify bullets as ammo, might have a hard time with that claim.

Everything that goes through the Denver regional hub seems to sit there with a status of “in transit” for at least two weeks. I wouldn’t ship anything USPS right now, they are completely F’d.
I was expecting a package recently. It made it to the Denver hub, disappeared for a couple days, then turned up in Jacksonville, FL. Took two more weeks for it to move about by truck between hubs before it was delivered.

jt4

WKR
My parents got our 2019 christmas card in early November of 2020. but I'm sure they handled those millions of ballots just fine.

NDGuy

WKR
Ever wonder how conveniently USPS started being extra shitty around the time Dejoy was appointed with elections looming....never heard of anyone in my circle complaining until the last 6 months or so.

Never had a problem with USPS until about October of 2020.

Personally I have always enjoyed using USPS and more often than not shipping things costs 50% of what the UPS/Fedex charges. To ship a pack last year UPS wanted $35 to ship it. USPS $12.50.

Once USPS is defunded it will be super nice paying $5 to ship a letter somewhere with Fedex or UPS.

Last edited:

VASolocam

FNG
I'm having trouble with my USPS and UPS deliveries - hoping it's just weather related. Just got a package from black ovis that we ordered 3 weeks ago - I know they shipped it right away.

AZ8

WKR
My package is still in transit after a week with no new scans. I’m getting extremely nervous as these were very important documents. I couldn’t use FedEx or UPS because the address was to a PO Box. The Post Office was my only choice.

This transaction required that I send in the original documents. If these get lost:

I...WILL...LOSE...MY...MIND!!!!! 🤬

ChrisAU

WKR
USPS has been bad lately, but FedEx has been worse. BlackOvis shipped a Sitka Traverse Hoody to me on 2/15 that was supposed to be delivered 2-3 days later. It made it to within 3 hours of me yesterday, and then inexplicably went about 10 hours in the opposite direction last night.