UT La Sal Mtns #EA1038, October Cow & Spike Elk

After years of (unsuccessfully) putting in for elk here in UT, I've drawn for an antlerless tag in La Sal Mtns, Unit #EA1039. Season is 10/09-10/21/21. Also purchased an OTC spike tag for same unit and dates. Wondering if anybody here has hunted or knows this unit and could share their experience, insights. Heading out in a few weeks to scout as I've never been to this area. Also hoping to gain some insight on weather conditions that may be expected for early-mid October. This will be my first elk hunt. Planning to backpack for a 5-7 day span.

WB guide

FNG
Shoot me a PM and I can share some info with if your going to be hunting around Price.

Just got back from my LE archery bull hunt in there, mostly in Taylor flat and surrounding areas. Went pretty well and there’re a lot of elk around. Don’t have a ton of experience in there but I’m happy to share what I know if you want to PM me!

Would be super grateful to hear either of your guy's experiences in there if you are willing to share. I am an experienced archery hunter that lives in Montana and I am going next weekend to try and help my buddy shoot his first elk on the rifle cow tag. Seems like lots of good glassing and I am confident we can find some, but are pretty limited on time so some general recommendations would be super helpful!

Sled

WKR
Shoot me a PM and I can share some info with if your going to be hunting around Price.

He's going to be south of i70 for that antlerless tag.

I've never hunted the Moab area so I can't help much.

swervin91

FNG
Great country with a good amount of elk from what ive seen on hunts out there, guys with horses push game down so dont have to go too deep. Past 5 years too worst storm ive seen only put an inch of snow up there in october