UT short trip-fishing?

lak2004

WKR
Hey everyone,

We are buying a camper and have to travel from Durango, CO to Salt Lake to pick it up. Was thinking of shooting down to Zion area and working our way back to Durango. Wondering if there is any good fishing along they way? Ice fishing, fly fishing, whatever. Will have our 7 month old son along, so likely short trips close to camp.

Thanks!

MTtrout

WKR
Some good options down there for fishing. Fremont comes to mind. I’d look up some of the resources online to find locations mentioned and then see where they are on your route. Many of the well know ones are close to the parks. As far as ice fishing, I’m not sure what’s hard. Utah DWR has a website that periodically gives ice conditioning and what folks are reporting. If fishing is the priority then I thing you will find stuff. I’ve been shocked hiking down in southern UT to see trout in the small streams where I’d least expected them. If you happen adventure north of I70 then I could point you in the right direction for both flavors. Lots of fun short family hikes to be had in southern UT though. And don’t pay for camping! So many free places to camp

cmankingsley

Lil-Rokslider
Might be out of the way but the green river is incredible. Tons of good fish. Reminds me of the San Juan in a lot of ways but better scenery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk