Utah antlerless units help

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 points as a nonres for utah antlerless elk. Are there any units I should try to put in for with good public access? Looking for a late season hunt that me and my hunting buddies can go and get some meat.

Where are you from? What elk hunting experience do you have?

Pretty easy to tell which units are mostly private/public by looking at a map, Utah is like 80% public, and most of that is accessible. In my experience cow elk hunts are usually high success if you know what you are doing.

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
From California, killed a raghorn. Mostly hunt deer cause those seem to be the tags Ive drawn. I have a few units in mind. I’ve scoured the Utah hunt planner pages pretty well. Just looking for a place to go with my hunting partner after our deer hunts to get some good meat.
Sounds like weather is a big factor to get the cows down to lower elevations in the late season.

I would start with the harvest success odds from the Utah DWR website and work backwards from there. While some units have a lot of public land that doesn't mean that people kill a lot of Elk on them.

I'd be looking at Central Utah personally.