Utah Antlerless

Fitzwho

WKR
I know its not as exciting as the rest of the draws have been, but Utah is hitting cards for the antlerless draw. I'll be making a "smash and grab" meat run for Pronghorn and Mule Deer Does in early August. Don't have a lot of off time with a new job, an AZ elk tag, and a NM mulie tag already on the books, so a quick 2000 mile 3.5 day trip.

OP
F

Fitzwho

WKR
I did the San Raf North Cleveland doe hunt in 2016. Was tagged out by 9am and spent a couple days fly fishing and running around the mountains. Saw some very nice Pronghorn bucks as well. went with Mounds Reef this year.

OP
F

Fitzwho

WKR
Mounds Reef was a two doe tag the last couple years. Unfortunately, not this year. Be out there the 7th/8th of August.

Hitting up there and Circleville South for a Doe deer as well. Maybe swing back through AZ to at least drive thru my elk unit for this fall as well.

Last edited:

JRMiller

WKR
I did the San Raf North Cleveland doe hunt in 2016. Was tagged out by 9am and spent a couple days fly fishing and running around the mountains. Saw some very nice Pronghorn bucks as well. went with Mounds Reef this year.
I did that same hunt in 2017. If i recall I was the only non resident as there was only one non res tag

OP
F

Fitzwho

WKR
That is usually the case. Just 10 tags total, 1 non-resident tag.

I didn’t run into any other hunters. Talked to one game warden and an old farmer/rancher who owned one of the Walk-In areas. He has since passed, I can only assume, as the property is no longer in the WIA program and is now owned by the Nature Conservancy.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mounds Reef was a two doe tag the last couple years. Unfortunately, not this year. Be out there the 7th/8th of August.

Hitting up there and Circleville South for a Doe deer as well. Maybe swing back through AZ to at least drive thru my elk unit for this fall as well.
Yeah that's opposite of my schedule unfortunately. I had hoped it might be a win win as i know people with land but very doubtful they'll let strangers on thier place. Plenty of other farmers dislike antelope eating hay all day. If your interested in trying cold knocking on a door I'll drop you a pin.

You should still have a quick hunt, lots of blm but most antelope are holding in the hay fields.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I did that same hunt in 2017. If i recall I was the only non resident as there was only one non res tag

I did that hunt last year in Oct. Was done with both tags filled in 3 hours on the same day I drove in.

Would do it again in a heartbeat, actually have enough points to make an honest run at the buck tag.

JRMiller

WKR
That is usually the case. Just 10 tags total, 1 non-resident tag.

I didn’t run into any other hunters. Talked to one game warden and an old farmer/rancher who owned one of the Walk-In areas. He has since passed, I can only assume, as the property is no longer in the WIA program and is now owned by the Nature Conservancy.
Thats too bad, i see that on Onx. Thats actually the Walk In i used that year.