Utah Applications Due!

tstowater

WKR
Did it a couple days ago. If I draw, should be an awesome hunt as I only picked the top hunts as I believe I have enough already on the schedule for this year. Good luck to everyone.

Craig4791

WKR
Mine are in. I want the bison tag more than anything! But I'm In for every species.

RUTTIN

WKR
At least you guys that are non-residents can put in for everything, as a resident I can only put in for one limited entry permit and one once in a lifetime permit, good luck in the draws all.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the reminder Matt.

Ruttin, I always thought that rule was butt-backwards, but I'd guess it's there to improve resident draw odds but get more non-res money?

shaun

WKR
At least you guys that are non-residents can put in for everything, as a resident I can only put in for one limited entry permit and one once in a lifetime permit, good luck in the draws all.

I agree with Robby on this one. Boggles the mind. I never thought about them using that to up resident draw odds though makes alot of sense

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
It lowers point creep for residents by making us choose a species supposedly. As a nr it lowers your odds by flooding the point pool of one or two tags. Robby I'll trade you resident systems any time Utah has oc tags for spike elk that's it everything else is a draw

tstowater

WKR

$65 license and $90 of application fees. What do you think Utah wants??

weaver

WKR
Dont forget in Utah your license is good for a year from date of purchase so you only have to buy a license every 2 years if your just applying for bonus points.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Weaver it's the same if you apply for tags. It doesn't really make sense to buy points in Utah as a nr unless you max points your odds are less than 1% anyway just hope to get lucky