Utah Draw Results 2021

CBECK61

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for that time stamp! Pretty ambiguous response from her, but glad it's on their radar. Damn government moves too slow though, they should be able to do this for next year!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I think anyway they do it will result in people being upset about something. They need to get good herd counts to set these numbers which takes time. I believe they also want to go through calving season to see what type of birth rates they are seeing. I personally wouldn't want them to push the draw results back any further. Planning a big hunt or an entire season takes time. I hate the states that don't give you results until June or July.

OP
Timberline001
Got my unsuccessful email. I was supposed to be 100% this year but I’m sure there was a bit increase in applicants. Ah well, I’ll try again next year. Still have a good tag in AZ and my otc Idaho tags.

UtahJimmy

WKR
I think anyway they do it will result in people being upset about something. They need to get good herd counts to set these numbers which takes time. I believe they also want to go through calving season to see what type of birth rates they are seeing. I personally wouldn't want them to push the draw results back any further. Planning a big hunt or an entire season takes time. I hate the states that don't give you results until June or July.
It's not that hard of a problem to solve: move the app period, keep the draw the same time.

They set numbers in April, but the app closes the first week of March. Shift that close date to May 1, and run the draw.

They (UDWR) do this with every other draw except big game.
Bear: apply Feb 2-28, results Mar 3
Turkey: apply Dec 1-28, results Jan 7
Antlerless: apply May 27- June 17, results July 9

We the people have been asking for this change since last year's fiasco. It should NOT take them 3 years to implement a simple change like this.

Got my unsuccessful email. I was supposed to be 100% this year but I’m sure there was a bit increase in applicants. Ah well, I’ll try again next year. Still have a good tag in AZ and my otc Idaho tags.

Did you notice if there was a decrease in available tags? 100% based on last year doesn't mean squat past April...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nobody

WKR
good morning.

i told a fib yesterday about a drawing a buffalo tag I received the email and in fact it was NOT a buffalo tag for me. it IS a MOOSE tag for my wife. WOW what a surprise. time to change gears and begin the chase.

Have a great season and good luck to all.
Either one is a true once in a lifetime experience! We've pulled a few moose off the Wasatch in the past, they are probably my favorite species to hunt by far. Congrats to her!

cal30_sniper

Lil-Rokslider
All U's for me.

Still waiting on CO results, but the NM Muzzy Elk tag is starting to look pretty lonely this year.

CorbLand

WKR
It's not that hard of a problem to solve: move the app period, keep the draw the same time.

They set numbers in April, but the app closes the first week of March. Shift that close date to May 1, and run the draw.

They (UDWR) do this with every other draw except big game.
Bear: apply Feb 2-28, results Mar 3
Turkey: apply Dec 1-28, results Jan 7
Antlerless: apply May 27- June 17, results July 9

We the people have been asking for this change since last year's fiasco. It should NOT take them 3 years to implement a simple change like this.
I have always smiled when people act like they need to push the draws back when we put in months early and then just wait. Leave the application period open until after the board meeting. I would rather wait one more week to get results and know what I am putting in for.

Last edited:

mrchomponthis

Lil-Rokslider
No archery deer tag for me this year as a Utah resident..... applied for three units that aren't very desirable. Looks like I'll be 100% focused on OTC archery elk.

nobody

WKR
5/6 general deer tags in our family, big fat goose egg on everything else! Even Dad didn't get his desert bighorn tag on the Henry's, which he should've been guaranteed to draw with his points. Oh well, congrats to everyone else!

Mpmoody15

FNG
Drew a Box Elder general deer tag for the second year in a row. It was nothing but road hunters and a handful of fork bucks last year but my group had a great time. Can't wait to try a new area and get away for a week.