Utah draw results

Struck out this year. Was expecting to draw a general archery tag but tag cuts and point creep got me.

Anyone else find it kind of funny that the Utah results come from a email that has Nevada in the name. I did not recall that from past years but I am sure I just spaced on it. I was confused seeing Nevada draw results then I actually read the email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This actually made my heart skip a beat today. Got the email that I was unsuccessful for goat and though oh no, I screwed up my NV app.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
This actually made my heart skip a beat today. Got the email that I was unsuccessful for goat and though oh no, I screwed up my NV app.

Haha same here. I was like, wait a minute! A week early.

Jardo

WKR
Congrats to those that drew. I’m unlucky again in UT.

I did get a NM Elk and Deer tag though so I’m still hunting elk this fall as long as this Covid shit doesn’t shut down the NR hunts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grundy53

WKR
Anyone else find it kind of funny that the Utah results come from a email that has Nevada in the name. I did not recall that from past years but I am sure I just spaced on it. I was confused seeing Nevada draw results then I actually read the email.

Last year was the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The Utah DWR uses a company in Nevada to handle the hunt draws because the process may or may not be entirely legal in Utah, since it is a "lottery". That's my understanding anyways.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
The Utah DWR uses a company in Nevada to handle the hunt draws because the process may or may not be entirely legal in Utah, since it is a "lottery". That's my understanding anyways.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
I heard that Utah outsources it to Nevada because the programming has to be proven to be unbias which is a long and expensive process, so it is easier to outsource it to a company/state that has already done it.

They have come with Nevada in the name for the last five years that I can remember.