Utah Elk tag

Hey guys. I have been dreaming of hunting elk for several years and am trying to figure out a plan for getting a tag hopefully within the next few years. I have a friend who has some experience with the area around Gunnison, Utah. My question right now is - is this an attainable nonresident tag? Rifle would be great but we would look at an archery tag as well. We are coming from MN and would look at other options if there is something better, closer, easier to draw, etc. He shot a cow elk several years ago in that area but I have no idea what the area is like for bulls. We would love to tag a bull if we could get an opportunity. Would love to get an idea of the cost of a tag as well. From what I found on the website a Utah elk tag is just under $600 but I don't know if you are required to buy additional hunting licenses with this. I would appreciate any information or advice, thanks!

Fitzwho

WKR
Utah elk is going to take several years before you have a legitimate chance to draw the tag. You could buy a CWMU hunt, but that’s going to cost you a pretty penny most places. The two units around Gunnison, Central Mountains Nebo/Manti. I have less than 5% draw odds for any of those hunts even with 5 points.