Utah General Deer

FFBowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all this is my first year putting in for Utah elk LE. It got me thinking...since I already paid for a license I might as well try for a general archery deer tag. I have been utilizing gohunt.com which is great however, I was hoping some people could help narrow down an area to focus on. I am a firefighter and summers are busy making multiple scouting trips unlikely. The units we are looking at is Wasatch east, Cache, Kamas, Wasatch mtn west, and central mountains/manti. Any help would be great! Thanks!

The Wasatch is a good place to get away from people and find quality bucks. There are some great steep, high areas with no roads, and the deer herd is pretty darn good. Central/Manti is a colossal joke. It's more of an ATV jamboree than anything, and has few roadless areas to get away from the mobs of morons trying to stick a 2 point from the road. Deer densities and age class are poor as well. It's my backyard unit and I despise it.

OP
F

FFBowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I would prefer to avoid road hunters as much as possible. Spike camp is doable. Here in Washington we normally hunt from camp with success.

wyo_gasman

Lil-Rokslider
Wasatch Currant Creek Avitaquin, Its a great unit. You dont need a spike camp to get away from people. Cache is tough to find good deer. Ive heard good and bad about Kamas.

JMayne

FNG
Wasatch Currant Creek Avitaquin, Its a great unit. You dont need a spike camp to get away from people. Cache is tough to find good deer. Ive heard good and bad about Kamas.

If you do, let me know, I can give you some info, I've hunted up there quite a bit.

Is there any chance you can help me out as well with the Wasatch east unit. We are new to the area and haven't been able to really locate bucks other than small 2x2s by the strawberry reservoir and were thinking of moving over by currant creek. where would recommend starting. please pm if you can.

I hunted kamas this year on the muzzleloader with good tips from some buddies who used to hunt it. I’m sure there’s some big bucks there somewhere if you know the unit but I found 43 does and one two point. Good luck