Utah General Info

BowXpert

FNG
I have been hunting Colorado for several years now. With the later opening this year it conflicts with some other hunts here at the shop.

I have been looking at applying for the La Sal Mountain unit. Looks like some good high-country that should hold some deer. Looking to back-pack in for 8-9 days.

Any info on the unit would be appreciated. Not looking to zero in on peoples spots. I have a couple in mind. Just looking for info on deer numbers, quality and pressure.

Thanks!
Seth

RUTTIN

WKR
Wish I could help you out, but I am only familiar with the North Eastern part of the state. I do know that deer numbers are way down in the Northern units, so you may want to contact a biologist to find out what deer numbers are like in the unit you would like to apply for before you put in. Good luck.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
It's a big old rugged mountain. You can see it from I-70. Lot's of buck country, so-so deer herd. Probably a smoker or two but might not be smart to pass up a 160 buck there. Worth a try unless you're expectations for a big deer are high. Call the bio and see what he says. Best of luck

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
There's enough buck country and rough country there, you should be able to find those size bucks.