Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow I had heard about that.

Utah did an outside audit in 2019 that found--
898f77374e5847a082fa72f7b8be19ca.jpg

Last edited:

BAKPAKR

WKR
If I drew a limited entry tag in Utah, that could still wind up being some pretty cheap fun for me and 10 or so of my closest relatives and friends 😀

cmahoney

WKR
They will still get my money. I can’t blame them if the demand is there. At least you don’t have to buy the license every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
From a business and dollars gained by budget perspective here; states & politicians are missing the boat
Sure raise NR fees yet reduce # of tags to reduce NR hunter numbers in the field: good ole supply & demand.
ultimately resulting in budget and state economic $$$ lost due to less NR.

But resident hunters outnumber NR. And yes states have to provide for their residents, due to obligation.
So why not increase by 25% or even DOUBLE resident fees. Then state residents would biatch about something else besides NR hunters!

Am I reading this correctly, that fees are increased for 2021 season? What if I buy an otc elk tag in August?

2five7

WKR
I don't have any problem with any state charging NR high tag fees, if you're getting charged, that means you drew! Pay up and go have fun. It's the hundred plus dollar bonus points that are the real kicker.

it appears if you drew a LE tag your 2020 pricing stays in tact, but if you plan to come OTC in 2020, you pay the 2021 price increase. At least that's how I read it. And that is if the OTC tags go on sale 7/1 as normal. Good old greedy Utah. Don't make the change look like its 2021, but make the start date when the OTC 2020 tags go on sale. Only the LE tags seem to be protected in old pricing.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
From a business and dollars gained by budget perspective here; states & politicians are missing the boat
Sure raise NR fees yet reduce # of tags to reduce NR hunter numbers in the field: good ole supply & demand.
ultimately resulting in budget and state economic $$$ lost due to less NR.

But resident hunters outnumber NR. And yes states have to provide for their residents, due to obligation.
So why not increase by 25% or even DOUBLE resident fees. Then state residents would biatch about something else besides NR hunters!
What do you feel would be "fair" split percentage resident vs non-resident?
I'll bet Utah residents pay considerably more than residents in other western states for hunting license.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Nice that they had a minimal increase on predator tags. They should have doubled the NR license fee.

It would be interesting to see the estimated increase in revenue from this.

Sounds like UT is on par with other states like ID and WY looking to utilize nonresident $. I vote all states be neighborly and charge the same for resident and nonresident 😁

With all the money being made via the hunt industry, this is to be expected. In all reality $400-$600 for a big game hunt is nothing compared to other recreational activities.
I think Utah DWR saw the Hush vids and the $$$ they are making and how much $$$$ Mtn Ops bro's are making and said "we gonna get some of that too" I think I saw the new ranger here on the Beaver wearing a flat brim and trying to grow a beard

npm352

WKR
Awesome news. Now there will only be 15,200 people putting in for 8 nonresident sheep tags instead of the usual 15,300 people.