Utah members-a little help if possible

daddie63

WKR
Hi there,

My buddy and I are in the planning stages of a late season cow elk hunt this year in Eden Utah. Im looking for a hotel or motel close to Eden/Huntsville? Ive googled and found a few but wouldnt mind first hand knowledge if possible. Ive found more resort type lodging than anything else. We dont need a luxury room but dont want a fleabag either. Im thinking Ogden may be the best option but if we could save a ride and be closer to the area all the better.
Thanks in advance

Straight6

FNG
Not too many options in Eden or Huntsville. Ogden is probably the better choice. Depending on where you are hunting, you can drive the North Ogden Divide road or up Ogden Canyon. Plan on 10-25 minute drive into the valley depending on where you are staying and where you are hunting.

Since there is less daylight during those late season hunts the drive from ogden won't be a big deal.
Depending how close you and your buddy are you could stay at the Alaskan Inn in ogden canyon.
What hunt are you doing? Draw cow tag, private lands, cwmu or?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Don't leave your hunting gear in your vehicle in Ogden. Other than that, tons more options for lodging and eats there.

OP
D

daddie63

WKR
We are hunting on a private ranch right outside Eden. I did see the Alaskan Inn so I'll check it out again thank you.

We'll be sure to have our hunting gear either in our room or with us. Sucks to even have to worry about stuff like that but I guess we do now. Thanks for the help gentleman.

Lol the Alaskan in is where my wife and I spent an anniversary. Not sure it is something I'd be comfortable with a hunter parter in. Pretty sure they only offer king beds.

muleman

WKR
Look at the High Country Inn on 12th Street. Haven't stayed there but used to like to hit Jeremiah's (the attached restaurant) for breakfast.

12th Street will be a strait shot to get to Ogden Canyon. North Ogden Divide closes occasionally for avalanches. This year it closed a few times.

Are you looking to hunt Broadmouth?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

OP
D

daddie63

WKR
Thanks muleman I will check those out. No not planning on Broadmouth. I'm looking into some private ranches and a few CWMU' s as well. The prices seem to be all over the map.