UTAH San Juan Late Archery - Help?? Very limited time to accept a returned tag.

A tag got returned. I’m next on the list.
It’s my dream unit in Utah.
But there is no info on late season archery cause it’s a new hunt code.
All elk on Private??? Etc…
Any help would be absolutely amazing.
I’ve been a guide for a long time in SW CO and happy to trade info including units 76 and 61.
Willing to pay a trespass fee, but hoping for a DIY. I’m economically challenged single dad.

OP
BrokenArrow
Ok ya'll, I passed on the tag.
I know how valuable a tag like this can be, but I do not feel that I could get enough time off work to do this tag justice, or any tag in Utah justice with this short of notice. I hope the next person has the full 2 weeks and takes a good bull.
I'm working 3 jobs and while all my bosses are pretty dang understanding, It would be too tough to coordinate.
I spent all my vaca time on an incredible pronghorn hunt in September. I am blessed already.
So, I might be waiting another 20 years for something, but that is something I'm willing to do in this case.
This tag deserves to go to the next person.
And Btw, I know there is a lot of very experienced hunters on this forum. I have guided SW CO for almost 20 years and if there is info anyone needs, please PM me. I'd prefer that over open forum. Happy to share general info over a public forum, but details I prefer PM's

Scoot

WKR
I was watching this one, waiting for a grip and grin photo! Sounds like you made the right choice, but I bet it was a tough one!

Blackbird

FNG
Well it looks like I’m the next guy in line after you, and would also love to hear from anybody willing to share some insights into this area for the late season. I spent quite a bit of time in the general deer area this past season, but that is the extent of my knowledge and there is no time left to scout like this hunt deserves. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the call about the alternate list too. Different unit than you but they must be processing those right now

sivart

WKR
What are the season dates of the late archery? Having trouble finding it on the website.

OP
BrokenArrow
Hey, I’m full time working.
Just sent a private message. It to be honest I hunt the la sals for deer. I’ve just gotten to glass back that way.
As long as you all have the time, get after it. Post a pic or two, so I know what I’m missing!

Blackbird

FNG
He may not be the biggest bull that ever roamed the San Juan but I am super excited to have had the opportunity to hunt this tag. This bull was running with about 60 cows and I was able to take him at 23 yards. It was a hunt I will never forget.

Attachments

• IMG_8506.jpeg
    IMG_8506.jpeg
    739.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_8509.jpeg
    IMG_8509.jpeg
    483.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
He may not be the biggest bull that ever roamed the San Juan but I am super excited to have had the opportunity to hunt this tag. This bull was running with about 60 cows and I was able to take him at 23 yards. It was a hunt I will never forget.

Well done! Awesome bull!

OP
BrokenArrow
Awesome man!!!!
I’m so glad this happened.
Believe it or not, I literally broke my elbow and had screws put in on thanksgiving day! (No I wasn’t drinking).
I couldn’t have pulled a bow back if I tried. And PT is rough. My draw length may be an inch shorter now.

Way to get after it. Nice work!