Utah youth any bull

Like2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Well I got lucky and got a youth any bull tag on the last year possible for me to draw. I’ve only ever hunted cow elk once and that was on the farm so I’m lost on where to start looking. I want to get some areas or area chosen so I could do some scouting. Any and all advice or thoughts are welcome. I don’t have school this next year so as long as I can get it off work I’ll be able to hunt a good chunk if not all the season. It should be a good season between this tag and my LE deer tag I drew.

wmr89

Lil-Rokslider
Where do you live? The any bull units are tough but you have a great tag to hunt them with. You are probably better off picking a unit close by and getting to know it better if you can. Otherwise the Uintas are probably where I would go for that tag.

OP
L

Like2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in central Utah. The mantis are pretty much in my back yard. I have a teacher that knows the oak creeks good and so that might be a option if he’d be willing to help out.

Sled

WKR
I’m in central Utah. The mantis are pretty much in my back yard. I have a teacher that knows the oak creeks good and so that might be a option if he’d be willing to help out.

Congratulations on the tag. Not sure I get the youth anybull tag. This is as I understand it and direct from udwr:

A youth who has obtained a youth general any bull elk permit may take any bull elk, including antlerless elk, on a general any bull elk unit. Spike bull elk units are closed to youth general any bull elk permittees.

Congrats on the tag. I got it a few years ago, unsuccessful but super fun hunt. sled, thats correct I think (assuming it hasn't changed in 2 years) it's a rifle hunt on all the general elk units, immediately after the archery season. Any elk. South slope is a good bet I think, def has the highest elk density out of the general units. Highest hunting pressure too. I didn't see many other hunters during the hunt which is nice, but of course the elk have been hunted for a month during the archery season. Good luck!

Bsevans5

FNG
My son drew this tag too. We're in st. George. Trying to figure out where to go. We've hunted cows in beaver. Always see a lot of bulls but that's in December and if I remember right, that unit is a LE unit so we couldn't try there anyway

dwhall20

FNG
Congrats on the tag. Let it be known that this is a tough hunt, but it can be really fun. You can only hunt on Any Bull units, so the Manti's wouldn't work. Find an unit you can scout and get to know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is a older thread. My daughter drew this tag this year (2023). I'm Curious how some of the past hunts went also any additional info would be greatly appreciated. We are from California and scouting is going to be short and limited.
Thanks to all.