Utopia- hound and big game, ideal locations?

kyleds8

FNG
Hey guys,

I am currently in Central Idaho, and I know it's a great spot, but the grass is always greener and I'd love to explore some other good places in the mountain west with the potential to move there... Not trying to blow anyone's spot, just looking for thoughts on general areas you all have liked.

Parameters:
Ample seasons to chase lions, and preferably bear as well
Reliable access to some amount of deer/elk hunting every year. Value consistent meat over access to older age class.
No or low grizz.
No or low wolves- I know there are wolves in the SW, but from what I can tell they are not like the wolves up here- I want to hunt without worrying about my hounds getting killed by wolves.

I work online, but my wife needs access (1 hour) to a town with services jobs, preferably some community and things going on.

Wyoming? NM?

Just one hunter, asking hypothetically, not going to ruin your country or change where you live!

GSPHUNTER

WKR
NM, I think Wyomings weather is harsher. I can only speak too NM hunting, no hunting experience in WY. NM has bear, Mt. lion, Elk, mule deer. I have never seen Wolfes or Grizz.

Wolf_trapper

Lil-Rokslider
Nm is not at all what you're looking for from my experience. Good luck filling your freezer every year in that state. I'd stay in Idaho and learn how to trap wolves.

OP
K

kyleds8

FNG
NM, I think Wyomings weather is harsher. I can only speak too NM hunting, no hunting experience in WY. NM has bear, Mt. lion, Elk, mule deer. I have never seen Wolfes or Grizz.
right on, is there an area to focus on when exploring?

OP
K

kyleds8

FNG
Nm is not at all what you're looking for from my experience. Good luck filling your freezer every year in that state. I'd stay in Idaho and learn how to trap wolves.
interesting, are you saying limited opportunity? no public wolf trapping in my county it's nonsense