UTV accessories

lemmerjj

FNG
Me and my family just got a can-am commander max xtp. Just looking to see what anyone else has installed as accessories for hunting, trail riding and camping. Want to see what others have used that works well before we drop a bunch of money on stuff that looks cool but not very useful.

WTFJohn

WKR
We have the same UTV on the ranch, it's been a great machine. Front and rear windshields, soft upper door panels, rear cargo rack, and a track kit have served us well so far. I'll probably pick up a heater before next winter as well. Chainsaw, shovel, fence tool, etc... all go on the headache rack, leaves the bed open for whatever else I need to carry.

GWHunter

FNG
I have one the same machine, and it's been great. Sent the clutch out for some work, and got the sport override module, and fan override module. Took off all the interior plastic and stuck some heat shield to the back to keep the cab a little cooler in the summer months. Just added some doors this fall. The machine is great and does everything that my dad and I ask of it. If you really wanna start down the rabbit hole get on a Commander or Can-Am forum.

03mossy

WKR
Winch should be the first upgrade. I’ve also added roof, windshield, back up lights(great for loading deer at night), upgraded to better tires, snowplow, stereo. It’s really endless what you can ad to a SXS.

I have a Can Am Defender HD8 that I primarily use for elk hunting out in eastern Oregon. Only had it for one season so far. It came with a roof and windshield but other than that it was pretty stock. We added a set of doors from superatv and ran it for first and second season. Learned pretty dang quick that a heater was going to be necessary as well as a windshield wiper. Figured that out after having to get out every 30 seconds and wipe down the outside and inside of the windshield during the first good rain/snow.

I got a heater installed and installed a little manual hand crank windshield wiper in the off-season as well as a 3500 pound winch from harbor freight and some rear backup lights. Ran into a few situations backing up to our hunting cabin that the backup lights would have been really nice. Also picked up a snider Motorsports gun Mount which mounts under the center seat and is completely out of view when not in use. Haven’t had a chance to put most of this stuff through its paces but these were things that, after last season I definitely think would have made things a little more comfortable.

Attachments

• F82723CC-96AC-42D5-80A0-651EA00104DF.jpeg
    F82723CC-96AC-42D5-80A0-651EA00104DF.jpeg
    596.7 KB · Views: 57

Mds2004

FNG
If riding with another utv I really appreciate our Rugged Radio comms. Even having the intercom for my kids in the back works well.

I can't not have them anymore.

wyosteve

WKR
I have a 2021 Commander XT-P in the 2 seater. I put on a PowerFlip front windshield. Have a vented, tinted rear wind'shield' to install. Looking for some side mount mirrors. WTF--is your Commander a '21 model? If so, where did you find the soft upper door windows?

WTFJohn

WKR
I have a 2021 Commander XT-P in the 2 seater. I put on a PowerFlip front windshield. Have a vented, tinted rear wind'shield' to install. Looking for some side mount mirrors. WTF--is your Commander a '21 model? If so, where did you find the soft upper door windows?

It is a '22. I went thru the local dealer, ordered in early January & received at the end of Feb. The Commander and Maverick Sport are essentially the same from the tilt bed forward, so doors/heaters/windshields/etc... will all bolt right up. You can use the "Build Your Own" tool on CanAm's website to get correct part numbers (and extra required parts), then head to BRP Instructions and verify that it's the correct p/n & instruction set. When I initially started looking for parts, the dealer wasn't much help and gave me conflicting info; this was the solution I came up with.

Overhead under the roof soft storage. Keeps dust and mud off what goes there. Also doors, front window and rear screen help hold the dust down.

BluMtn

WKR
I have one the same machine, and it's been great. Sent the clutch out for some work, and got the sport override module, and fan override module. Took off all the interior plastic and stuck some heat shield to the back to keep the cab a little cooler in the summer months. Just added some doors this fall. The machine is great and does everything that my dad and I ask of it. If you really wanna start down the rabbit hole get on a Commander or Can-Am forum.
Well that is a good start. Super ATV flip-up windshield, Can-am rear net for dust control, I replaced the OEM clutches with X3 turbo clutches so the primary is locked together for better performance and belt life, Get a Titetops console cover. I agree also you want the sport module - removes the governors, depending on how you ride you can look at more lighting, winch, Bigger tires, lift kit, and upgraded springs. It all comes down to how much you ride and how comfortable you want to be, and most of all how much your pocket book will stand. Buying the SxS is the cheapest thing when it comes to owning a SxS, its all the accessories to make it your own that kill you.

wyosteve

WKR
Thanks for the help WTF. I have been looking on the BRP site under accessories and their soft upper door windows are listed as 'coming soon'! I'll check out the Maverick Sport accessories as well. I agree with you, my dealer was not very helpful either and BRP customer service is even worse. I had a '14 Commander before the '21 and the new one is a huge improvement in cab heat and noise.

35remy

FNG
My father’ overhead gun storage case has proven to be a useful addition to his Mule.

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider
CH4X4-REAL-W-FRONT.jpg
My buddy let me borrow his Ranger last year. I adjusted the parking brake for him and added LED backup/load lights on the headache rack as a thank you. Because there’s always a catch, this is the lighted switch I mounted.