UTV accessories

AZ8

WKR
How do the zippers hold up after a while going down dusty roads all the time?
Very dusty here in Arizona and they’ve done well. They seem to zip and unzip with no issues after a day of riding. Haven‘t tested them in heavy weather, but for dust they work good.

Edit: this is mounted on my Can Am Defender.

Winch and recovery gear - agreed to be first accessories

Sturdy Tires - recommend investing in ones less likely to get a flat. I carry plugs and a spare too, just in case, though some just carry plugs.

Mirrors - Nice to have rear view for streets and side mirrors for backing up, plus the don't cost much so worth it.

Windshield - Not needed but if driving on streets to get to forest roads it's sure nice. I got the Tusk Fold Down glass windshield which I love (for Honda Talon).

Ear Plugs - If driving much on normal roads to get to forest roads, they're worth getting. The inexpensive moldable ones worked really well for me and many use noise cancelling headphones.

Ones more a luxury than a need:
Light Bar - this made it much more comfortable driving back at night as my stock headlights don't shine much on the corner turn in

Backup/Bed Lights - very nice for backing up at night, but not urgent.

Heat - electric heated seat inserts are a lot cheaper than a heater and work quite well

Roof Rack - nice for putting little used items on top. I often carry base camp in the sxs then hike/backpack in. Spoil myself with a canvas bedroll for basecamp. Takes a lot of storage space but makes for a real good night's rest.

Look at the link 2 posts above yours for guns, they have/had a similar one for bow that I also have.
Yep I'm currently using this for my Ranger but won't euro in my little RZR
But thx any way

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

CCooper

WKR
Look at the link 2 posts above yours for guns, they have/had a similar one for bow that I also have.
I use the same model gun case, I've found they will easily fit a rifle in a soft case inside which is great for a little more protection and for when it gets real dusty.
The problem with this case is if you run exposed windage turrets on your scope, going in or coming out of the case has rotated my windage turrets on more than one occasion- one more thing to check.

OP
L

lemmerjj

FNG
I have one the same machine, and it's been great. Sent the clutch out for some work, and got the sport override module, and fan override module. Took off all the interior plastic and stuck some heat shield to the back to keep the cab a little cooler in the summer months. Just added some doors this fall. The machine is great and does everything that my dad and I ask of it. If you really wanna start down the rabbit hole get on a Commander or Can-Am forum.
What inner plastic are you taking off?

GWHunter

FNG
It was all the plastic inside the cab and between the cab and bed. We even wrapped the exhaust pipes with exhaust wrap. The engine on our model year is right between the seats and makes the cab quite warm in the summer. That was a big help to cut down on some of the heat.

riversidejeep

Lil-Rokslider
I use the same model gun case, I've found they will easily fit a rifle in a soft case inside which is great for a little more protection and for when it gets real dusty.
The problem with this case is if you run exposed windage turrets on your scope, going in or coming out of the case has rotated my windage turrets on more than one occasion- one more thing to check.
Cost my buddy a good buck because of the turret got turned.

riversidejeep

Lil-Rokslider
Our area is pretty steep and a lot of the trails very sidehill, I picked up a cheap tilt gauge that goes to 45 degrees and installed on the dash. I don't trust my butt clench gauge anymore. Found the tip point and gave the gauge a mark.

Attachments

• 438E6042-C444-438D-B9D8-098758D1CAB4.jpeg
    438E6042-C444-438D-B9D8-098758D1CAB4.jpeg
    577.7 KB · Views: 23

WCB

WKR
Winch/recovery items
Good tires/a matching spare (and tools to change it with)
Windshield 100%
mirrors
extra lights are always nice

I thought it was overboard but my dad bought a CanAm Defender limited or something and has power windows, heater, Bose sound system, and stitched leather seats. So since it is not me spending the money I would recommend all of it. hahaha

MikeyJG62

FNG
Winch
half windshield
light bar
better wheels and tires
gun/bow rack

I‘ve had my rhino for 14 years. Winch comes in handy. Light bar is a must also since the stock headlight back when I bought it were horrible.

I added the following before hunting season.

Winch
Roof
Windshield
After market tires
Light bar
Tire repair kit
Roto fuel pack
Front cargo rack with rhino grips.

1DADDC2A-74BD-4012-A697-1A312ED3207E.jpeg