UTVs, side by sides, etc

I just purchased a Honda pioneer 1000-5 last year and I love it. Everyone I’ve talked to here locally that has them loves them and are hard working machines. A buddy has the new Kawasaki mule and as it’s nice the thing is a boat compared to my Honda. His is the 6 seater and though it has more room it’s like driving a small pickup around. Another plus for the Honda is that it’s considerably quieter! The quietest on the market actually, another reason I bought it. If you have any more questions feel free to hit me up but my vote for best out there as a huntin rig is Honda pioneer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What’s your thoughts on the Honda pioneer 700 vs the 1000?

11boo

WKR
I ended up with the Yamaha Wolverine X2 Last year. Really got tired of getting beat up in my Jeep, this thing is quiet and smooth on rough roads. Really nothing bad to say about it yet. Supposed to have a 8 year belt warranty. I’m not going anywhere new , but my rides from camp to trailheads are much faster and fun.

0902BA77-12CA-4D4D-AF3F-E6D5ADDDC27E.jpeg

mcfd45

FNG
Would it be a huge difference to have a utv less than 50” wide? I know you can go on smaller trails. Trying to decide between either a Honda pioneer 500, a RZR 570, or a midsize ranger. All are around the same price.
I guess what I’m asking is, is it worth limiting your ability to haul stuff? Is the benefit of using restricted trails worth it?

Diamond K

FNG
For ranch work and western trips I like the Polaris RZR. Our 900XP4 has over 8000 miles without any issues. Just regular service and tires. With a large nation wide dealer network, parts can be found easily if needed.Colorado 2015 005.jpg
If I were getting a SXS just for hunting it would be the General 1000
polaris-general-1000-accessories-hero-xxs.jpg

If your looking for specific information on the machine of your interest there are tons of forums specific to the brand/model of UTV out there

We’ve always been brand loyal to Polaris and currently have a General 4 lots of good choices out there to pick from
24586c335bb0b34d2acb1d81de85c989.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ8

WKR
Would it be a huge difference to have a utv less than 50” wide? I know you can go on smaller trails. Trying to decide between either a Honda pioneer 500, a RZR 570, or a midsize ranger. All are around the same price.
I guess what I’m asking is, is it worth limiting your ability to haul stuff? Is the benefit of using restricted trails worth it?

Your best bet is to sit in one and see how it feels. I almost bought the Pioneer 500 until I visited the dealership for a test drive. Once I sat it in, I knew I wasn’t going to buy it. Felt like I was sitting in go-cart! Lol. I’d honestly go bigger, but your needs differ from the next person. Best advice is to test drive as many different machines. I didn’t like the lack of leg room in the Honda’s.

AZ8

WKR
My Can-Am Defender has been a beast! I use it for hunting and trail riding on FS roads. No mudding or dunes for me! Very happy with it.
267F2DE1-D938-4DBD-A023-531A212A9646.jpeg

danarnold

WKR
I’ve been in the power sports industry for about 30 years, can am is our choice, never broken a belt since owning them from 2003. Sold a commander to a friend who broke the belt immediately because he should’ve been in low gear trying to pull out of a ditch with a heavy load.
Polaris isn’t even on the list, I’ve seen so many failures that weren’t the costumers fault. Good friend just traded his pioneer with 10K miles on it for a defender.
Love our defenders

6c02cf4f8f2f67d485105538889f557d.jpg

Jrkotz

Lil-Rokslider
I have an older RZR800S and absolutely LOVE it. Has more power than I need, and is so incredibly capable and reliable. Highly recommend.

Stroke250

Lil-Rokslider
Few months old since this thread was last updated, but we have always been loyal to Polaris. We just picked up this crew Backcountry in November so we have more room for kids and family when they visit.

Attachments

• A551FCFE-7D51-4370-85F4-3C1D0C062A86.jpeg
    A551FCFE-7D51-4370-85F4-3C1D0C062A86.jpeg
    415.7 KB · Views: 66

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
Look up.kawasaki teryx with a 3 year warranty. I have beat this thing up and it keeps on going. I got one after watching my grandfather run his for 12k miles.

It's a mountain goat!
ad1a20dbf089bcacb29ae8766a9c1593.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

gearguywb

WKR
I had a Kawasaki Teryx4 for several years and it gave me good service.

Recently bought a Pioneer 1000-5. Really like it. It is different with an actual transmission instead of a CVT. One of the things I really like is that with the back seats folded down, the entire cargo area is covered by the roof.

We have a Honda Pioneer and haven't been have loved it every step of the way. We bought the 700/4 it is small enough to get just about anywhere, can fit 4 people when the back seats are up, or haul plenty when you put the back seats down, plus it's a Honda so super quiet and dependable.

Beendare

WKR
I don't own one but have ridden in a bunch.

The newer ones are night and day different from the ones even 10 years ago. My one buddies 2019 Ranger is an amazing rig.

keller

WKR
Stopped at Yamaha dealer today to look at one they are sold out for first time ever he said. Have 11 more coming in within the next month or so and have deposits on all of them .selling at msrp . I guess that's what keeping people home for a couple months does?

AZ8

WKR
Stopped at Yamaha dealer today to look at one they are sold out for first time ever he said. Have 11 more coming in within the next month or so and have deposits on all of them .selling at msrp . I guess that's what keeping people home for a couple months does?
Gonna be a bunch of side x sides for sale in 2021! Buyer’s remorse will set in as they stare at their machine sitting in the garage. Then realize it’s only got 22 hours on it and still making payments. 😄

There’s a Honda Pioneer 700 four seater for sale near me... buddy says the 700 is too weak once loaded with gear and three kids. Any suggestions on engine size? I’ve been thinking of getting one myself.

Stroke250

Lil-Rokslider
@menhaden_man It really depends on what you want to do with it. In most cases and for most people, a 700 would be fine. With the weight of these though, I would recommend a 900-1000. Rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

@menhaden_man It really depends on what you want to do with it. In most cases and for most people, a 700 would be fine. With the weight of these though, I would recommend a 900-1000. Rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

I’d be loaded up and climbing hills most of the time so I think you’re right... agree on power and tel guys the same thing about boat engines. Never had a utv so a little naive about this one for sale.