Uukha S curve?

Anybody shot the Uukha S curve limbs yet? I have a set of Selengas (SX80) ordered but they are still 3 weeks out. I am trying to wait patiently but I wanna know how they shoot!

Tartan

WKR
I have had a pair of sx+ for a couple weeks now. 42# XLs. Is 51#@31.75” on my wf21.

Now hopefully I don’t have the cracking issues I had with the vx+ (went through 3 pairs, none lasted longer than a month).

Maybe a little less stiff up front compared to the vx+ but hard to tell without them side by side. And I had them on a different riser(wf19).

Very smooth near anchor. Not as drastic as a border, but I’ve found I prefer a slightly more traditional feeling limb. Too much weight up front hinders my ability to use a rotational draw

very quiet, so quiet I thought the bow was slower than it is. I haven’t chronoed it. But with the point on I have, and having measured past bows, it’s in that 180-185 FPS range with a 12.5gpp arrow. I’m shooting this bow as good or better than I have anything else.

It’s not as fast as the vx+ were for me, but it’s not apples to apples. They were on a shorter riser with less deflex, a shorter braceheight, and 2# more weight.

I’m really happy with them currently, but will be keeping an eye out for cracking in the top layer of carbon. Hoping uukha fixed the problem though.

Last edited:
I ordered and have the 2021 Uukha Nature Gobi's; draw weight feels only 10# heavier than my training limbs, despite being 20# heavier in reality. My perception is pretty skewed as I went from Galaxy Bronze Star to the Gobis, but it's a smooth gradual draw to the back wall imo, with no stacking as far as I can tell and I'm close to a 30" draw

OP
Justin.Medcalf
I ordered and have the 2021 Uukha Nature Gobi's; draw weight feels only 10# heavier than my training limbs, despite being 20# heavier in reality. My perception is pretty skewed as I went from Galaxy Bronze Star to the Gobis, but it's a smooth gradual draw to the back wall imo, with no stacking as far as I can tell and I'm close to a 30" draw
That's good to hear, I am being patient but man it sucks having to wait a month for limbs! I draw 29 so I am looking forward to the smooth backside to anchor.

Beendare

WKR
I think you are going to like those S80’ s

They should be comparable to the VX limbs I’m shooting now which are the best combination of speed quiet and smooth that I’ve shot.

I wouldn’t mind going a couple pounds heavier than I am shooting now....so i’m trying to justify the $$$ for those SXs..... they are a chunk of change.
—-

Last edited:
I ordered mine Mid-December and got them Early/Mid-February. Idk who you went through, but it seems the hunting limbs are not as popular as target limbs so part of it is waiting for them to be manufactured. So far I haven't seen any issues on mine regarding the varnish peeling or the limbs cracking. Tbh I don't care much about the varnish/veneer/w/e peeling since the carbon is still waterproof if it does.

bobinmi

WKR
I wish they hadn't switched the detent. New ones won't work with DAS and I much prefer that attachment system. Hopefully one of the guys on tradtalk creates a work around for that.

OP
Justin.Medcalf
I think you are going to like those S80’ s

They should be comparable to the VX limbs I’m shooting now which are the best combination of speed quiet and smooth that I’ve shot.

I wouldn’t mind going a couple pounds heavier than I am shooting now....so i’m trying to justify the $$$ for those SXs..... they are a chunk of change.
—-
Yessir I am looking forward to trying em out, I like having a system that is bombproof and Snyder says these will hold up to anything and help out on bad releases so it's the best of both worlds!

OP
Justin.Medcalf
I ordered mine Mid-December and got them Early/Mid-February. Idk who you went through, but it seems the hunting limbs are not as popular as target limbs so part of it is waiting for them to be manufactured. So far I haven't seen any issues on mine regarding the varnish peeling or the limbs cracking. Tbh I don't care much about the varnish/veneer/w/e peeling since the carbon is still waterproof if it does.
I ordered through alternatives in the UK. They are about 120 bucks cheaper than Lancaster and a shorter lead time.

trad_zk85

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody shot the Uukha S curve limbs yet? I have a set of Selengas (SX80) ordered but they are still 3 weeks out. I am trying to wait patiently but I wanna know how they shoot!
I have had a set of the Selenga limbs for about a month. I ordered them the day they released them. I have a set of medium 50#. Im very happy with them. So smooth and zero stacking. I feel like I could pull 55# no problem. I’m getting mid 160s FPS with a 585 grain arrow. Your going to be happy.

Beendare

WKR
I have had a set of the Selenga limbs for about a month. I ordered them the day they released them. I have a set of medium 50#. Im very happy with them. So smooth and zero stacking. I feel like I could pull 55# no problem. I’m getting mid 160s FPS with a 585 grain arrow. Your going to be happy.
What is your draw length?

Beendare

WKR
FYI, Jake Kaminsky did a an unboxing of the Uukha S Curve limbs. Worth noting that his perspective as one coming from an Olympic archer so it seems he doesn’t necessarily like the softer feel at full draw.

I’ve seen and heard conflicting reports on how fast these S-curve Limb’s are, they don’t seem to be much faster than a standard limb for Jake.

OP
Justin.Medcalf
It always amazes me how well an olympic archer can shoot! Jake can flat shoot and that was a good comparison of Uukhas to other limbs he has shot. I could care less about the speed for myself but I really am interested in the soft back side for how I shoot. I tend to hold a bit longer than normal to really get a good sight picture before I expand. Hopefully these limbs will help with comfort at anchor just a bit.

trad_zk85

Lil-Rokslider
They will help with that. Zero stacking. I can’t prove they let off some but they are soft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
I have two sets of Uukhas, the VX and Ex1Evo2’s.

I have a fairly long drawl length and I get no stacking. Comparing them to my standard limbs you definitely feel a little less weight on your fingers. these are softer on the backend compared to a standard limb.

i’ve been shooting a standard limb lately on a lighter target set up. These are older SF Elites ( now WNS C5’s $200)
I get a little cleaner release with the standard limbs at light #s over the Uukhas.... which is probably why Jake seems reticent On the feel ( speculating here)

Shooting the Uukhas at about 50# the release is less of an issue for me.