V3 AutoTrickler

bsfl

FNG
I have one, not much to compare it to besides a beam scale, but it is my favorite piece of reloading equipment. Very precise and the tech is cool. Can be finicky to set up to get the 0.02 every time but once you get it right it stays there until you change powders. The scale has to warm up for 30 minutes or so. The biggest downside is cost but for me it saved the most time in reloading so that is tough to put a price on.

tdot

WKR
No. It's the acquisition next on my list for reloading.
Speed, accuracy, repeatability and reliability. As long as the cost is manageable, it's an easy choice, IMO.

I'm going to try and find a side job and pick one up.
I hate my chargemaster.
Probably will wait for Area 419 to come out w v2 upgrades and buy the kit from them.

cmahoney

WKR
I wasted a lot of money on various scales over the years and now have the auto trickler/FX120i.I haven’t bought the auto throw yet and use a regular throw. I wish I would have bought it when the first one came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradb

WKR
I would not be with out it. With the current set up Adam sells the ONLY thing I would buy of 419's(and I like 419's stuff) is the clear lid. GET the clear lid, not a lot of cash, nice to see through, and very thick and stable. Otherwise a very good simple set up. If something would go wrong on mine I would order a replacement that minute

tdot

WKR
I would not be with out it. With the current set up Adam sells the ONLY thing I would buy of 419's(and I like 419's stuff) is the clear lid. GET the clear lid, not a lot of cash, nice to see through, and very thick and stable. Otherwise a very good simple set up. If something would go wrong on mine I would order a replacement that minute

Thanks for posting that comment.

While I dont have an Auto Trickler yet, I have been following its development, and I thought the new V3 upgrades rendered the 419 kit unnecessary.

I'm surprised to see a new kit from 419. Why are guys upgrading the V3 with the 419 kit?

bradb

WKR
Certain people like certain things. And please don't take me wrong 419 makes very good stuff and i am sure there's is good. I just don't see a need for different then Adams v3. I have not tried both so of course a little speculation . And that the v3 and app run so good.
I do get a little more static in Adams new reservoir than the lee.Which i don't really see a meaningful advantage of one reservoir over the other. I have had an occasional binding when dumping big charges of n570(large kernels) for my norma.
Only 2 TINY hiccups.
Nothing is ever pefect, can i shoot the differance this provides, don't really think so. But dang its good

rayporter

WKR
they are pretty awesome. i know lots of guys that cart them around to the range to use them with no troubles.

if you can afford it, get it.

Go with the V3 Auto Throw and Trickle. You will not regret it. The Bluetooth ability saves time when you are changing loads by .2, .3, or .5 grains for each load. I had been using the FX120i for about 5 years and the V2 for 2 years. Just got the V3 in Dec. and it is great. I use all the Area 419 upgrades except for the billeted tray that the powder cup goes on. I fond that for some reason or another, at least in my experience, the scale would drift about .4 or more grains for no reason and it would do this fairly often, maybe 1 out of 40 or so. I had never ever had this issue before. So, just thinking about it, I put on the original pan that the scale came, as this is how I had the V2 set up, and things are back to normal. So, if you see drifting, try it out, doesn't hurt. But this auto throw and trickler set up is great. and for the price, w/o upgrades, it is cheaper than the RCBS option, especially if you have the scale already.

BigPrince

FNG
Just got my v3 and it's pretty awesome. Cambridge took just under 2months to deliver. I do highly recommend the Area419 clear top. Only thing extra needed now.

tdot

WKR
I forgot to mention. I requested that they send the scale first, I should have it by the end of the week. Now I can spend the next two months cursing at my current scale and moving kernels of powder with tweezers in full OCD outrage, while I wait for the V3.

tdot

WKR
First reloading session tonight with the new scale. Interestingly, even just the scale sped up the process. Cant wait for the rest of the system, hopefully that'll show up sometime in the next 6 months.

Attachments

• 20200320_224051.jpg
    20200320_224051.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 66
First reloading session tonight with the new scale. Interestingly, even just the scale sped up the process. Cant wait for the rest of the system, hopefully that'll show up sometime in the next 6 months.

I’m just getting into reloading I couldn’t get myself to jump to the FX right away but I did just get the chargemaster lite today, have you checked the accuracy of the chargemaster with the FX?