V3X 33 vs 29

Besides the obvious size differences, what advantages/disadvantages are there between a 29 and 33 inch ATA in the same model?

OP
T
I’m 28.5 so it would be fine on either, just wanted to see what other opinions on differences there may be

wayoh22

WKR
Generally a longer ATA is more forgiving. There will be different string angles as well for anchoring.

.5” of brace and some speed. After that it’s preference on you. Shorter will be lighter and more maneuverable. Longer is more stable. You just have to choose what fits you and your style.

AkRyan

WKR
I have shot both multiple times now and imo the 33 draws and shoots smoother. It's to big for me personally but if your over a 29" draw I would recommend you shoot it before you buy the 29. That being said the 29 draws and shoots much better than my 28 vxr

msalm

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking at selling my V3 31 for the 33, hopefully it will give me the stability and consistency I felt was lacking with my 30” draw…. I was shooting 515gr TKO’s (250’s) at 286fps, so it it puts me in the 275ish realm with better consistency I feel it would be a worthwhile trade off. We shall see.

AkRyan

WKR
I’m looking at selling my V3 31 for the 33, hopefully it will give me the stability and consistency I felt was lacking with my 30” draw…. I was shooting 515gr TKO’s (250’s) at 286fps, so it it puts me in the 275ish realm with better consistency I feel it would be a worthwhile trade off. We shall see.
Do yourself (not your wallet) a favor and try one setup with the mathews sight and new quiver. People laugh at the new tech but it honestly makes the bow feel and shoot much different. You won't be disappointed with the 33.

406unltd

WKR
The 33s brace is a little better and the ata length is nice for longer draws. I have the v3 31 along with the new 33 and string angle on the 33 is awesome. I do hold steadier with the 33 as well. With that said I shoot the 31 fine and enjoy it as well. I haven’t found the draw cycles between them to be much different personally. With 30.5” mods the cycle on both has been ok. I’ve shot better cams and worse, but I enjoy the bows enough I won’t likely get rid of them.

TheTone

WKR
Do yourself (not your wallet) a favor and try one setup with the mathews sight and new quiver. People laugh at the new tech but it honestly makes the bow feel and shoot much different. You won't be disappointed with the 33.
As silly as it sounds the sight system and quiver are big appeal points for me. I really liked the 33 I shot. I wish the 31 had been given the sight set up, it shouldn’t have been that hard to tweak the machining on the cnc machine, as the rise on the 33 is long! I’ll probably end up shooting the 31 against the 33 at some point. Maybe what appeals to me most on the 31 is that my local shops have a lot of holdovers and will be discounting them soon

AkRyan

WKR
As silly as it sounds the sight system and quiver are big appeal points for me. I really liked the 33 I shot. I wish the 31 had been given the sight set up, it shouldn’t have been that hard to tweak the machining on the cnc machine, as the rise on the 33 is long! I’ll probably end up shooting the 31 against the 33 at some point. Maybe what appeals to me most on the 31 is that my local shops have a lot of holdovers and will be discounting them soon
I personally couldn't see the reason to buy a v3 over a v3x unless it was on sale for $600ish.

JD Jones

WKR
I’m 28.5 so it would be fine on either, just wanted to see what other opinions on differences there may be
Opinion: If I need to be slightly more maneuverable (in a tree or tight spot of sorts like a ground blind) go shorter "29" or less even (think older bows) if you can swing 2 bows. Everything else my opinion is go with the longer ATA/larger brace. My pockets aren't made of gold so I just shoot one bow... a larger option (V3 31) Ive never felt limited nor wished I had a smaller offering. I would however like a 33 V3X but I need to find gold pockets first

AkRyan

WKR
Opinion: If I need to be slightly more maneuverable (in a tree or tight spot of sorts like a ground blind) go shorter "29" or less even (think older bows) if you can swing 2 bows. Everything else my opinion is go with the longer ATA/larger brace. My pockets aren't made of gold so I just shoot one bow... a larger option (V3 31) Ive never felt limited nor wished I had a smaller offering. I would however like a 33 V3X but I need to find gold pockets first
It's all personal feel tbh. Granted there are limits to shorter bows. I don't hunt in blinds at all but I couldn't see myself wanting a longer bow in the woods. That being said I have cut all my rifle barrels down to under 20in.