Votes: 159 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 163 50.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I voted no but I’m guessing the liberals will start requiring a vaccination in order to be eligible for our constitutional rights. I’ve already seen how some airlines are talking about requiring vaccinations to fly with them.

As to why I won’t take it, covid has a 99% survival rate, no need to get vaccinated. I also don’t care about other people’s health, that is their responsibility and if they feel they are vulnerable, it is their right to get the vaccine. People need to take responsibility for themselves, not expect others to do it for them.

EastMT

WKR
I don’t want to, and won’t anytime soon. My wife has severe asthma, so once it’s proven safe I will likely get it for her, but have zero worries about getting it myself other than passing it to her.

BPN_PNW

FNG
I'll get it when it's available. That's just me though - I've already been a pin cushion for Uncle Sam in the Marines. Smallpox, Anthrax, etc. You name it, I got a shot after waiting in a long line. Getting vaccinated was part and parcel of community living in close proximity with others in barracks and tents. As long as I don't get a festering carbuncle like the small pox vaccine for those born after the 60's figure I'll be ok. I just figure personally that community health is important, probably from having served in the military.

Deadfall

WKR
Uh. Everything around it is hinky. How long has flu been around? Since Indians were still raiding the plains. That vaccine is only like 40 percent effective. So they trying to tell me they have found a vaccine that is 90 percent effective on a pandemic level virus that has only been around for less then one year. Haha....no thanks....they funny...which just that leads to, or should lead to all sorts of other questions. Unless everyone already drinking the koolaid...
I spent a long while in military getting stuck with all kinds of nonsense. Like the anthrax vaccine.

News flash....The government is lying!

ericF

WKR
Yes, was literally minutes away from getting it in the experimental trial last month. Right before getting the shot the doctor running the trial at that site reviewed my chart and decided he didn't want to give me. I have Asthma but there is also a diagnosis of Mast Cell Activation Syndrome. I think it is a bit of a misdiagnosis, but that scared him away from giving me the shot. I think ill still take the chances on the vaccine over getting the virus though.

No for me. Luckily we got C-19 last weekend. Wife is 8 months pregnant so kinda happy we caught it before baby. Wife was dreading having it in labor or after the baby arrived.

I am a bit of a hypocrite because I participated in drug trials for money in college. But I was broke without much foresight at that time in my life. I think there’s probably a good reason a typical vaccine goes through years of testing so I am a bit skeptical......

Supposedly it will be available in a couple weeks to my wife and I and yeah, I’m going to get it. I’ve done a fair amount of research on it and I feel pretty good about it. I’ve been taking care of a guy in the ICU for the last couple days, and when he came in he was emphatic about how Covid was a joke, his whole family had it and they were all just fine, government conspiracy, yada yada. I’ll be surprised if he’s still alive tomorrow, and if he isn’t dead, he will be soon.

We haven’t seen as much covid as most places in the lower 48, but we’ve seen a bit and from what I’ve seen it’s no joke. Kind of like Russian roulette, chances are you’ll be ok, but if you’re going to play, just know that if that hammer falls on a live primer, you need to be okay with that too. I deal with it every day I go to work, and from what I’ve seen, it’s a pretty horrible way to die. There are too many people dying or maimed from this shit and I don’t want me or my family being one of them, so yeah, I’ll be getting the vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cleak

FNG
Supposedly it will be available in a couple weeks to my wife and I and yeah, I’m going to get it. I’ve done a fair amount of research on it and I feel pretty good about it. I’ve been taking care of a guy in the ICU for the last couple days, and when he came in he was emphatic about how Covid was a joke, his whole family had it and they were all just fine, government conspiracy, yada yada. I’ll be surprised if he’s still alive tomorrow, and if he isn’t dead, he will be soon.

We haven’t seen as much covid as most places in the lower 48, but we’ve seen a bit and from what I’ve seen it’s no joke. Kind of like Russian roulette, chances are you’ll be ok, but if you’re going to play, just know that if that hammer falls on a live primer, you need to be okay with that too. I deal with it every day I go to work, and from what I’ve seen, it’s a pretty horrible way to die. There are too many people dying or maimed from this shit and I don’t want me or my family being one of them, so yeah, I’ll be getting the vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you considered that there may be side effects of the vaccine?

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
I will get it ASAP. At 67 years old with in-laws in their 80 and 90s, I have greatly limited social contact since this started.

I generally believe the science saying the vaccine is 95 % effective with tolerable side effects. After the vaccine, I will go back to normal life, at least that is my plan based on what I know now.

Colby

Lil-Rokslider
I tested positive for it. Seemed like a cold to me except I had the chills for a day or so. I’m 42 and have had athsma since I was a kid. I do workout a fair bit and work around my place and a good bit of hunting in the fall so fairly active. Pretty sure I caught it from my kid who also has asthma and killed his first bull when he had it( which was sort of a ball buster). Either we are very blessed, which is very possible or a guy would have to be pretty severely compromised for this to take you out. Not being rude just my opinion based on my experience. I don’t think we need the vaccine now.

Last edited:

gearguywb

WKR
The super fast push through of the approval process has me very concerned.

My other concern is around the government stepping in and "requiring" a specific medical practice for the general population. Truly unprecedented.

My personal belief is that with the new administration, the vast majority (if not all) of major corporations are going to line up behind a requirement.

Nope won't get it. I also don't wanna hear I need to do it for the greater good of the "the community"..give me a break and take that virtue signaling somewhere else. "The community" where 65% of the people can't put down a Big Mac to reduce their chance of obesity related issue killing them. Last time I checked heart disease still kills over 650k a year but I am supposed to shoot some ramped up experimental drug into me for their protection? No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.