Will you take the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 159 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 163 50.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i saw that, but truly its just a guess at this point. They have no idea what it will actually be. They also rarely mention the hundreds of thousands of people that have gotten it with no after effects at all.

NDGuy

WKR
They also rarely mention the hundreds of thousands of people that have gotten it with no after effects at all.
True but there also hasn't been any completed studies on those people either. Like most said in the thread, nobody knows for sure but the science and data is concerning enough.

There has been enough noise about people with breathing issues, fatigue, loss of olfactory senses etc for months after being sick to not ignore it.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
There are definitely many people who had no or extremely mild symptoms, and there are also many people who have no (known) after effects. But - I'm not sure whether or to what extent those populations are being studied - and that can cut both ways. If those who are being studied tilt towards worse symptoms and/or obvious after effects, then the risk of having after effects could be overstated. On the other hand, if the healthier group doesn't know they have after effects (they don't recognize them, they don't seek medical attention, etc.), then the risk of after effects might be understated. But I suppose that is an obvious point, and can apply to almost any virus, disease, condition or treatment for same. (I had some time during an MRI this morning to think "I wonder what the long-term effects of this will be?" Then I thought of something else.)

Just anecdotal, but I got over my C-19 (and pneumonia that was either caused by, or coincident to, C-19) in early July and still have a ground glass opacities in my lungs (that I only found out because of a chest X-ray unrelated to C-19). It's still too early to tell what GGO means in this context, but I don't think it's good.

1955 Cutter Labratories took Jon Salk polio formula and rushed it into production got it wrong and killed 10 kids and permanently paralyzing another 164...all 70k kids vaccinated had bad side effects. Sure the polio vaccine is safe now....but it wasn't at 1st. This event led to the current regulatory enviroment for vaccine approval...the one that has been "fast tracked" for covid vaccine.

1974 swine flu outbreak President Ford rushed a vaccine to the market, low quality control, The vaccine tested poorly on children who, depending on the form of vaccine tested, either developed adverse reactions with high fevers and sore arms or did not mount an immune response at all. Reports emerged that the vaccine appeared to cause Guillain-Barré syndrome in a very small number of cases.

There is a reason vaccine trials take 10 yrs to be approved....not saying an effective Covid vaccine can't be made but given the history the chances they will get right the 1st time are slim to none. Even is the formula is spot on you still have QC issues anytime you ramp up production of anything.

alabamahunt

Lil-Rokslider
I know 3 girls that are in the same sorority and they went to get tested a few months back and they waited an hour to be seen and only put their names down on the sign it sheet and after an hour of waiting they just left and we’re never tested 3 days later they all got calls saying they tested POSITIVE! Bottom line to me is nobody should take it right now... if people decide to take it a year from now that may be understandable. The vaccine has been rushed and there is too much lying about the numbers etc. I know it’s real and I know it can kill but the numbers just aren’t bad enough for me to take the risk... 99% survival rate c’mon now.

CNP Mike

FNG
I’ll wait and see how it goes. I’m not keen on being a guinea pig. People in all professions screw up. I caught it at the beginning of October but didn’t have traditional symptoms. Random organ pain and lost my taste/smell. I still can’t smell anything and I still get dull aches that seem to move from organ to organ at times. Fairly mild for the most part but It cut my season short by 2 months because it was just uncomfortable and my Bino case/bear spray holster put too much pressure where some of the aches persist. I eat/live healthier than most people I know. I was a bit skeptical until recently, seeing as I still seem to be dealing with the consequences.

So long as it’s gone by spring bear season, I will be happy. I just hope the antibodies last long enough until the vaccine rolls out.

Last edited:

JPD350

WKR
I’ll wait and see how it goes. I’m not keen on being a guinea pig. People in all professions screw up. I caught it at the beginning of October but didn’t have traditional symptoms. Sharp organ pains and lost my taste/smell. I still can’t smell anything and I still get dull aches that seem to move from organ to organ. It cut my season short by 2 months because it was just uncomfortable and my Bino case/bear spray holster put too much pressure where some of the aches persist. I eat/live healthier than most people I know. I was a skeptic until recently, seeing as I still seem to be dealing with the consequences.

So long as it’s gone by spring bear season, I will be happy. I just hope the antibodies last long enough until the vaccine rolls out.
I am just curious, since you're not keen on being a guinea pig but have had Covid and lingering symptoms for two months would you be a proponent for others to get the vaccine or are you advocating for others to experience the same thing you are experiencing?

CNP Mike

FNG
I am just curious, since you're not keen on being a guinea pig but have had Covid and lingering symptoms for two months would you be a proponent for others to get the vaccine or are you advocating for others to experience the same thing you are experiencing?
I would say that I am a proponent for people to make their own choices. Take the risk seriously and think critically. If you want to risk it then risk it. Some people it doesn’t seem to affect, some it does. For every bit of information that’s out there these days, there seems to be contradictory information to go with it. I’m not saying I wouldn’t take the vaccine. I’m just saying I don’t want to be the guinea pig. Personal choice.

Last edited:

MattB

WKR
I'll continue to watch the news and look at the data that is released, but will likely get the vaccine once available to me.

Editorializing, it is a bit amazing to me how little many folks with really firm opinions on this actually understand about the disease and developments with the vaccine.

JPD350

WKR
I would say that I am a proponent for people to make their own choices. Take the risk seriously and think critically. If you want to risk it then risk it. Some people it doesn’t seem to affect, some it does. For every bit of information that’s out there these days, there seems to be contradictory information to go with it. I’m not saying I wouldn’t take the vaccine. I’m just saying I don’t want to be the guinea pig. Personal choice. I think if you are at high risk of complications then you should definitely take it. I will be urging my parents to take it.
I agree that I don't really want to be a guinea pig either.

Since you've had Covid you would be an influential person in your family/friends circle so I just wondered what you would tell your close family or friends.

I'll continue to watch the news and look at the data that is released, but will likely get the vaccine once available to me.

Editorializing, it is a bit amazing to me how little many folks with really firm opinions on this actually understand about the disease and developments with the vaccine.
What's this? a moderate, informed opinion conditional on what the experts say in the future? HOW DARE YOUWe_Don't_Do_That_Here.jpg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
There sure seems to be a group of people that seem hell-bent on keeping this virus going as long as possible. Many of the same folks who refused to wear masks are also refusing to get the vaccine. And they are the same folks who are crying about the economic impacts of shutting things down. Oh the irony.

Feel free to rush out and get the vaccine as soon as it’s available. After that, you won’t need to worry what anybody else does because you’ll be vaccinated. All of us with the audacity of wanting to wait and see how things unfold will all die and not be around to bother you anymore.

satchamo

WKR
I voted no but I’m guessing the liberals will start requiring a vaccination in order to be eligible for our constitutional rights. I’ve already seen how some airlines are talking about requiring vaccinations to fly with them.

As to why I won’t take it, covid has a 99% survival rate, no need to get vaccinated. I also don’t care about other people’s health, that is their responsibility and if they feel they are vulnerable, it is their right to get the vaccine. People need to take responsibility for themselves, not expect others to do it for them.

Bro you can’t carry a gun, knife or deadly weapon on board an airplane . Why the hell is a highly transmittable disease any different?

I’m a bit puzzled how someone saying “I don’t care about others health” got 35 thumbs up. Christ were in trouble as a country with single mindedness.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Bro you can’t carry a gun, knife or deadly weapon on board an airplane . Why the hell is a highly transmittable disease any different?

I’m a bit puzzled how someone saying “I don’t care about others health” got 35 thumbs up. Christ were in trouble as a country with single mindedness.

People need to be responsible for their own health. I work with a lady who’s always bitching about how people need to take her health into consideration....she didn’t seem to care when the scale hit 400lbs, she didn’t seem to care when she got diabetes, she didn’t seem to care when the docs doubled her blood pressure medication.....but now that covid is here it’s on me to keep her safe....nope.

Same folks who love to call themselves patriots, no doubt.

I wonder how many people who rushed off to enlist to "defend our country" can't be bothered to wear a mask or get a vaccine? Again, the irony.

People need to be responsible for their own health. I work with a lady who’s always bitching about how people need to take her health into consideration....she didn’t seem to care when the scale hit 400lbs, she didn’t seem to care when she got diabetes, she didn’t seem to care when the docs doubled her blood pressure medication.....but now that covid is here it’s on me to keep her safe....nope.
I’m a nurse so I know more about this than you do and have thousands of more data points than you. Most people that have pre-existing conditions have little control over their health. I see this all the time. People get dealt a shitty genetic hand. I’ve seen many young athletic people die that never drank, smoked, or ate a Big Mac. But keeping swilling your Mtn Ops and eating clean and working out if it makes you sleep better at night.

but now that covid is here it’s on me to keep her safe....nope.
Disregarding the fact that the person you're replying to here made a solid point about weapons not being allowed on aircraft, and disregarding the fact that not everyone who is at high risk is obese (plenty of old, sick, or immunocompromised people didn't put themselves in that position on purpose), how do you feel about speed limits? It seems to me that by your logic if I want to risk my life by driving 100 mph through a neighborhood I should be able to, and people should be responsible for their own safety so they should just watch where they're walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.