Will you take the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 159 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 163 50.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Havent read through the whole thread but Peter Attia (The Drive podcast) did a very good breakdown on the history of vaccines as well as what this one does/means. He's one of the most respected surgeons in the the US and has a very well thought out and reasonable approach. I will have to get it for my job...its mandatory. Additionally, I'll be further down the road so any abnormalities will be found out statistically long before I get it.

The Attia podcast episode is the one with Paul Offit. Highly recommended

WRO

WKR
Not rushed. Just get rid of the Big Government red tape and fleecing.
They typically take years to develop and have much longer safety studies. Rushed to market vaccines have historically had bad long term health outcomes for some that are modified later.

Kilboars

WKR
They typically take years to develop and have much longer safety studies. Rushed to market vaccines have historically had bad long term health outcomes for some that are modified later.
True. This may be the perfect example of the cure being worse than the disease.

If you've ever worked with the government you'll swear their on drugs. But it's not speed.

NDGuy

WKR
What usually takes the longest is the bureaucracy and red tape. Under normal circumstances there isn't the urgency and pressure for the backend paperwork and approvals to get done. The SARS vaccine has been in limbo because the need hasn't been there to fast track it. With this we have moved mountains to basically have all hands on deck with it and everyone is waiting for the next step to trigger in the approval process.

Yes the overall process will be rushed, but the best minds in the world are working on the vaccines themselves. No doubt about it, if you are uncomfortable with the speed no one should blame you. As of now it's your choice. You will have to weigh the risk of a vaccine reaction vs being a vector of spreading the virus and possibly having long term conditions develop.

But looking at it objectively, it's looking like vaccination will be much more cost effective in terms of loss of life and economic damage due to our medical systems being overrun. The good news for the general public is there should be a good amount of data on issues with the vaccine by the time we are in line to get it. Enough of the population should get it where if someone truly doesn't want it they likely won't need to.

Last edited:
I have a couple questions about the vaccine for the professionals on here. I apologize if I missed these answers in the thread...please point out the post number and I will go back and re-read.

Of the proposed vaccines being tested which one would you recommend and why?

I am seeing reports that antibodies for covid are reduced after 3 months. Does that mean that a second vaccination could be required in the future? Or if you get Covid after vaccination does it mean you symptoms won't be as severe? How does that work? Is there enough data to know?
TIA

I have a couple questions about the vaccine for the professionals on here. I apologize if I missed these answers in the thread...please point out the post number and I will go back and re-read.

Of the proposed vaccines being tested which one would you recommend and why?

I am seeing reports that antibodies for covid are reduced after 3 months. Does that mean that a second vaccination could be required in the future? Or if you get Covid after vaccination does it mean you symptoms won't be as severe? How does that work? Is there enough data to know?
TIA
Ultimately I would follow the advice of someone else in this thread yesterday and find a doctor you really trust as your primary care provider, and just do what they tell you. I don't think we have enough information right now to rule any of them out, and we don't even know if there will be more than one option in your area by the time it becomes available to you. Generally speaking the most effective one with the least number of bad reactions is the one you want, but if they're all very similar to one another and you can get one 6 months sooner than another I would go with that one.

Regarding reduced antibodies for COVID I know that's the case with people who contract it naturally but I haven't read if that's the case with vaccines. It may be too soon to know.

Johnboy

WKR
Friend, given that we're on an internet forum replete with all manner of keyboard cowboys and gals it's not really going to change your situation one way or another. Is it?
My .02 of advice is to just let it ride. Don't sweat the small stuff.
A wise man once said, "don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things."

fwafwow

WKR
Regarding reduced antibodies for COVID I know that's the case with people who contract it naturally but I haven't read if that's the case with vaccines. It may be too soon to know.
I'm very tempted to go get another antibodies test to see if mine are still around after 5 months. Looking at Quest Lab appointments now.

PMcGee

WKR
I'm very tempted to go get another antibodies test to see if mine are still around after 5 months. Looking at Quest Lab appointments now.

My girlfriend tested positive for the antibodies in the middle of June. She donated blood a week ago and still had them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eye

Lil-Rokslider
Everybody says they won’t get it. But it will be required to continue working, going to school etc. So we all will.

Everybody says they won’t get it. But it will be required to continue working, going to school etc. So we all will.
I’m sure in 9-12 months there will be a poll about “who has actually had the vaccine”. Followed by a thread about “had the vaccine... feel fine or never been the same since”.

2020 is just the party, 2021 is going to be morning after where everyone is hung over and half say never doing that again and half start drinking again at 09:00

Status
Not open for further replies.