Vacuum Sealer recommendations?

jseide

FNG
I'm finally at the point in my hunting career that I'm starting to kill stuff (yay!). Now that there is meat in the freezer it's time that I start getting better at cooking some of these critters.

I read an article on meateater.com about wet aging and it's something I really want to experiment with but I don't have a vacuum sealer. Planning to fix that problem today but was hoping for a few recommendations.

A brief search has an unbelievable range of price points and equipment sizes. Hoping you guys can help me narrow that down a bit. I really don't know anything about these things or how to select one. I don't need "the best", as I don't typically do my own butchering anyway (at least, not yet); but I'd like one that is not junk either. Size is a concern as it can't take up too much space.

Please tell me what model you like and why.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Im a food saver guy myself. They work great!

T.R.

FNG
Most vacuum sealers are meant more for the kitchen and not so much for the outdoorsman. I'd be conscious about the ability of whatever vacuum sealer you choose to deal with high moisture foods. There are some that have setting for high moisture, but I know water can easily damage most vacuum sealers. Second to that, when you are sealing high moisture content foods, the binding seal that goes on the bag is different than typical kitchen sealers. Usually the sealing time is prolonged to make sure the bag is fully bonded together and air tight.

This article does a good job at going over things you should consider prior to buying a vacuum sealer for fish or game purposes. I think it's a good read for most outdoorsmen. https://outriggeroutdoors.com/blogs...the-best-fish-and-game-vacuum-sealer-for-sale