Vacuum Sealer

Like most I used freezer paper for many years for all of my venison. I bought a vacuum sealer 10+ years ago and I couldn't count how many deer I processed with it. It finally took a poop. I am looking for something similar, would actually like to upgrade, but don't want to spend $800 on a commercial chamber sealer. FWIW, I had a Food saver 3460 and it worked great.

Any recommendations would be appreciated? I'm guessing this was probably a $85-$100 sealer when I bought it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

My food saver took a dump last year. I replaced with a LEM, and I’ve been happy with so far. 2 deer and 1 elk have been processed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titan_Bow

WKR
I bought an Avid Armor A100 early this year. It replaced a 15 year old food saver that still works but wasn’t sealing very well.
The Avid Armor is good. I like how well built it is and I really like the seal it puts on even thick Mylar bags. You can control the seal time which is great. I will say, it doesn’t seem to pull any stronger of a vacuum than the food saver, which is fine. I just expected a big heavy duty machine like that to pull a much stronger vacuum. But if the air is out, the air is out. The only downside to it is that it’s bulky and heavy. I could just whip out the food saver and have something sealed up quick. This Avid Armor is a little more cumbersome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
I know this no isn't what you are asking for, but I also always used a vac sealer and before I replaced it I think as turned onto;

Double layer of Ceran Wrap, steaks, ground stew meat, it works for all of it.

Wrap in freezer paper.

I don't think it takes any longer then vac sealing, it's way less expensive, and if you aren't letting meat sit for 3+ years in the freezer I don't see any difference in quality of the meat when it comes out. I've eaten meat that was 2 years frozen with this system and it was 100%.

You may not be at all interested but I just figured I would share my experience with a different option, as I don't miss my vacuum sealing at all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have the Costco LEM chamber vac. 2 of the Weston Pro 2300’s and an Avid armor chamber vac (small one).

They all work and all have their faults. The smaller units are around $300-400 and the larger $600-700.

I have a vacmaster pro 360. I love it and retail is about $300. It's air cooled with a fan so things keep moving and it doesn't take up a ton of space like a chamber. I went with the 360 because of the 16 inch bar. I can do two 8 inch bags at a time and it really saves on time. We did 90 salmon one weekend this summer and 1.5 moose one weekend this fall. Never an issue.

Grew up in a butcher shop so I grew up always having a chamber sealer, I just don't see the need for it outside of commercial use and/or if I maybe buy an ocean boat and use it a LOT. The quality of just a bar sealer is so good now, there is no need for the complexity (service issues) and space penalty of the chamber. If you haven't noticed, sometimes Rokslide is a race for the biggest and baddest and practicality is thrown to the wayside. So if you're not a certified dirt nap dealer putting down thousands of lbs of meat a year, don't want to spend the extra $500 for a good chamber, and don't really have the space for it; don't fall into the hype IMO.

ruttedup

FNG
vacmaster VP200 chamber sealer is around $500. It has done well for me so far, zero issues.