Vacuum sealers

Looking to take the plunge in a solid vacuum sealer. Anyone have suggestions? Two models I was told about are VacMaster 215 and 320. Anyone out there recommend one? Pretty much over food savers. Thanks.

RyanM

Lil-Rokslider
Weston vac sealer, I think mine was around the $200 range a couple years ago and I use it all the time.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Also against food saver, had to take one back after one use. That was the replacement for one that lasted 3 years of extremely light use (2-3 whitetails a year).

I bought a Nesco American harvest and have been pleased thus far. We did 2 bull elk with it without a hiccup. Right around 100 bucks on amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
I have a Food Saver and it works well. It gets hot after about 20 seals and you have to let it cool down for a while. Kind of a pain when processing game. I've had 2 over the last 15 years, first one lasted over 10 years.

I think you need to get into commercial stuff to avoid the overheating.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I have the 215 and have fallen in love... if you do any liquids, cool them before sealing them to prevent them from boiling over.

OP
H
What’s The issue with foodsaver? I need a sealer myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They do a poor job getting all the air out compared to a chamber vacuum. The meat lasts longer in the freezer too. There is a significant price difference between the two machines though.

We have used a Cabelas Commercial 15" sealer for 4 years now. Have had no issues. Has manual control to fine tune the vacuum and has multiple seal options. Can usually be found on sale if you are patient!

Chad5658

FNG
I have been using vac master for 5 years and love it. Bags are so much cheaper and thing does great job sealing. I even vac seal meat with marinade

cruzer17

FNG
Agree...Vac 215 is hard to beat. Can be found at Costco sometimes also.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I to am all done with Foodsaver. Went thru 3 units in 5 years and was never fully happy with any of them. Not enough suction/air removal and it got worse over time.
I switched to Weston and love it.

Chad5658

FNG
The LEM looks nice but still needs special expensive bags. The vacmaster bags are online now —8in x12in. 3 mil 1000 count for $49.
If you seal a lot this this makes a big difference

I had a nice weston for 10 years. I ruined it by allowing too much liquid to enter the machine. I just didn't know any better. I replaced it with a food-saver. Its a nice model and has been really good for me.

Wrench

WKR
I to am all done with Foodsaver. Went thru 3 units in 5 years and was never fully happy with any of them. Not enough suction/air removal and it got worse over time.
I switched to Weston and love it.
I just threw mine away too. It's been through 3 rolls of bag material. Freezer zip local are better for me.

RF41

FNG
I've had the same issues with foodsaver. Just got a Weston unit and works great so far. It looks super solid.