Vacuum sealers

OXN939

WKR
For anyone who finds themselves looking for a vacuum sealer on the cheap, Ziploc has now come out with one that works quite nicely and is available at Walmart for about $50. You have to wait for it to cool after each seal and have to cut your own bags etc, but it performs the basic functionality well. Good fallback if you need to get meat processed and frozen while you're on a trip somewhere.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Guys I don't think you realize he's talking about at MUCH more expensive chamber sealer than typical foodsaver/weston/etc. typ units that are under $200.

Personally I've still had good results with my basic foodsaver units, I had 10-11yrs on one that still works but I put it to backup status for a newer one that has 3-4yrs? on it, it pulls a vaccum slightly quicker so I use that one more. Both were during foodsaver black friday sales and I don't think I paid more than $40 for either and feed it will much more affordable generic bags off amazon, but they are 50' rolls so time is spent making up actual bags.

That said one of my hunting partners got an off brand chamber sealer and we use that when making up sausage, etc. that unit is certainly nice. In terms of sealing cycle its slower than a foodsaver but the preformed bags are CHEAP so you save time (and money) by not having to seal off and cut bags off a bulk roll. Its also a heck of a lot larger/heavier unit so you aren't just going to tuck it up in a niche on the shelf. I wouldn't mind one but since the foodsavers have actually worked fine for me mostly I'm not in a rush to get one vs other gear. Down the line it might rise higher on the wish list. Without a doubt it definitely pulls a better and more uniform vacuum (I have decent results on foodsaver but acknowledge this is certainly better).

IDK if your still looking, but I have a 120 and my only regret is that I didn't get the 210. You'll definitely want some kind of roll cart for it.
The 210 is more than enough unit for any hunter.