Vacuum Sealers

kelly2112

FNG
I'm looking for reviews on a Vacmaster Vp 321chambered Vacuum Sealer. It's frustrating b/c these sites say they have a lot of reviews, but most don't. OR Any other high end chambered vacuum sealer that any of you have used. Thanks

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a VAcmaster, I forget which model I have but its been great, it takes up a lot of space but its a huge step up from my old system where I ran like 6 food savers at once, that was bullshit. I've had my food saver for the past 4 years, moose and caribou each year with absolutely zero issues.

OP
K

kelly2112

FNG
I have a VAcmaster, I forget which model I have but its been great, it takes up a lot of space but its a huge step up from my old system where I ran like 6 food savers at once, that was bullshit. I've had my food saver for the past 4 years, moose and caribou each year with absolutely zero issues.
Awesome! Thank you for your review

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Have you ever tried to use the mylar bags? I have 2 different Foods average models that work very well with plastic but don't seem to get hot enough to seal the mylar bags very well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
K

kelly2112

FNG
Have you ever tried to use the mylar bags? I have 2 different Foods average models that work very well with plastic but don't seem to get hot enough to seal the mylar bags very well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I haven't used mylar. I have several Enormous above ground planters that we built. I grow Very Organic Hot peppers and tomatoes. Herbs and so forth. we can some and I just bought a commercial dehydrator, but I would love to vacuum seal those and others to get the best longevity I can afford. So, I'm new to vacuum sealing, but quickly researched, and I usually buy high end high powered First, so I'm not disappointed later

CiK01

WKR
Chamber vacuum sealers are great! I have a LEM Maxvac Chamber Sealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
I use a vac sealer for long term fish storage.

Otherwise use freezer wrap and zip locks. A freezer wrap roast will last year's on a frosting chest freezer. Very little will last in a frost proof.

My main reason is that I hate making bags to vac seal stuff. Works great for fish and we eat our venny within 2 yrs usually so no loss to freezer burn.

sndmn11

WKR
I have had the LEM chamber sealer for the last year and it is rad. I use it everyday, and it has paid for itself being able to buy meat on sale, especially when they have whole rib roasts, strip roast, or loin roasts on the cheap. I slice into steaks and even sealed the day for mixing with venison.
We use it for leftovers and have cleared out a full cabinet of mismatched tupperware. With the bags being a few cents, it is worth it to us.
I got the LEM because of the warranty, and at the time, it was the biggest chamber for the price.

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a VP 215 chamber sealer for the last 5 years and am very happy with it. It has done excellent on a lot of elk, deer and ocean fish. I use 4 ml bags that are about 7 to 10 cents each. They always seal unless I have a wrinkle along the sealing bar. I could never go back to the suction type sealer as the chambers does a better job.

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
With my VP 215 you can adjust the time to create a partial or complete vacuum. For elk or fish we set it at 40-60 seconds to get all air out. You do not need to worry about crushing.

We also do raspberries which will crush under a complete vacuum so we set the timer at less than ten seconds. You can freeze berries first, but still need to figure out the timing to prevent crushing. With your intent to do peppers and tomatoes, I would make sure the VP 321 has a range of adjustments so you can create everything from a very light to complete vacuum.