Valkyrie BloodEagles?

I hate being the new guy on a forum but here I am surely going to get drilled by some of you vets but here we go. I am contemplating new fixed blade broadheads having not found any that I like. I am very curious about the Valkyrie Bloodeagle SCREW-IN broadheads. I've scoured the internet and found plenty of information about the Jagger Broadheads with the centerpin technology but nothing on the Bloodeagles. There are even some posts by guys asking about the Bloodeagles with all the responses being about the Jaggers. Have any of you tried the SCREW-IN Bloodeagle broadheads by Valkyrie Archery? Specifically the 175g? What has been your experience?

Thanks in advance for your help

OP
thelongchamp
I checked out 427 and they did touch on the Bloodeagles a little more than episodes 241 and 347. I also emailed with Brent Hahn back and forth and I'm pretty well sold with some apprehension. I am going to go ahead and order a set and I'll keep this post updated in case there are any others curious about the broadheads.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Gritty Podcast has interviews of Valkyrie, Ozcut, and Iron Will from last week at the Western Hunting and Conservation Expo that are releasing this week. I think all three are worth a listen.

Vandal 44

WKR
I am kicking the idea of purchasing the Valkyrie Blood Eagles as well, just because I shoot such a low poundage bow. I am looking forward to your feedback "thelongchamp"

Zac

WKR
I'm thinking of throwing some of the 150s on my 250 Day 6s, would end up right at 600 grains.

OP
thelongchamp
After much deliberation I decided against the Bloodeagles and decided to go with the Jaggers and the Viking Centerpin system on Victory VAP 300s. My current arrows are underspined for even the 150 grain Bloodeagle and it’s time for a new doz anyway so I’m changing it up completely. I read that the shok insert/outserts (even the ss) is a weak link so i’d need to go with a different insert or outsert. I looked into the HIT insert but that limits me to deep 6 heads. I looked at the firenock AeroOutsert but in an EFOC setup, arrows tend to break behind the outsert. Another option would be the Ethics Archery insert/outsert and I almost went that direction but for an extra $20 I can do the entire Valkyrie system (minus $300 rebranded BE X-Impacts). I’ll continue to update this thread throughout the build and shooting.

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
Resurrecting this thread from Feb 2019.

I am looking at the Blood Eagle 150 model and was wondering what the Rockwell hardness was. At the WH Expo Brent told Gritty that the short versions were a lower grade (54-55 RC) compared to the Jaggers (60 RC). On their website it says that they are the same harness as the Jaggers so i'm confused. Did they recently change the metal of the short Blood Eagles?

Anyone care to comment on the noise of the vented vs non-vented?

I tried to email them...no response. Vpa has same hardness for near half the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent a message as well and heard crickets. However, I do like the sounds of what they are creating and Gritty sure seems to like them.

The benefit of Valkyrie is the "system". The Bloodeagles may provide more FOC (and a decent fixed BH), but not necessarily impact strength unless you already have quality front end components. If you already have a favorite BH, another good option is the BEA focos for their .165 and .204 ID arrows.

Vandal 44

WKR
Brian, I am shooting a Bowtech Realm X maxed out at 52 pounds set at 30” draw. I am running an Easton Hexx 330 with a 50 grain brass insert and a 125 grain head total arrow weight 450 or a Victory RIP 350 with a 50 grain brass insert and a 125 grain head total arrow 447 grain

I am trying the VPA 125 & 150 grain three blade solid, 125 grain RamCat Diamond Back, Iron Will 125 solid, and I am waiting on the Bone 125 grain single bevel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
Ive got the 150gr blood eagles on order, should be here in a few days. Also planning to buy some of the Daysix heads to test. Ill shoot them next to my GK Xl 125s, Exodus 125s, and Helix 125s for comparison. Ill report back on differences in edge retention, penetration, and flight once i put them through some cardboard (nothing fancy). Never shot an Iron will so those wont be part of this test.

Last edited:

gburk

WKR
Does anyone know whether Valkyrie is a sponsor of gritty? I think I’ve heard Brian Call say they aren’t, but he can’t get through an episode without plugging them, so I have to wonder. (If they aren’t maybe they should be??)

I’m inclined to try them but want to know the true source of my motivation. I could ask him directly but that doesn’t help me be able to post in classifieds now does it. Haha

With prices like that there would be some margin to spread around. Hypothetically

OP
thelongchamp
So I've been shooting my Valkyrie set up for a few months now and I'm sold. I almost cried when I lost an arrow but other than that I could not be happier with these. I have been known to talk about these arrows ad nauseam like Brian and I'm not sponsored either but I am blown away by how devastating these skinny little sticks are . I bought the 250gr practice tips, Stumper Thumpers and Jaggers with the 54gr SS centerpins on one end and firenocks in the other end and that gave me a TAW of 594gr and 24% FOC. I was worried about my pin gaps at first but they required very little adjustment from my old 455gr arrows which I'm still trying to understand. I haven't shot anything but foam yet but my practice tips and broadheads protrude almost a foot out of the back of my Rinehart. I feel like these arrows are much more forgiving and less affected by wind so my groups are tighter and I'm shooting with more confidence at long distances. The true test will be in September but I feel like these are going to be powerful enough for elk but still fast enough for me to sling at whitetail in October. I'll let y'all know