Valkyrie BloodEagles?

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
I've only shot mine at 30 yards. will be pairing the 150s on a daysix 250 arrow. Probably drop like logs at 665 grains but I'm rocking the Garmin Xero (thank you New Mexico!)

Vandal 44

WKR
I will be testing the following broadheads in the next few weeks and report what my likes and dislikes are when I am done (there will be no destruction test)

Valkyrie Blood Eagle 175 gr
RAD Tri-Con 125 gr
Iron-Will vented 125 gr
VPA Solid 125 gr
Kudu 125 gr
Bone 125 gr

I have been shooting the RAD, VPA, Kudu and Iron-Will, right now the RAD is fly the best out of my set up Bowtech Realm X 29.5" draw at 52 pounds; arrow Victory RIP Elite 350 with a 50 grain brass HIT insert and fletch AAE Pro Max total arrow weight 451 grain at 252 FPS

Attachments

• Broadheads .jpg
    Broadheads .jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 76

Vandal 44

WKR
Went out today to test the following broadheads

Valkyrie Blood Eagle 175 gr
RAD Tri-Con 125 gr
Iron-Will vented 125 gr
VPA Solid 125 gr
Kudu 125 gr
Bone 125 gr

I made some minor tuning adjustments to the Realm X and headed to the property. The longest shots today was 50 yards. I really wanted the Valkyrie Blood Eagles 175 gr to fly with field points however, its was tied for worst out the six I shot today the other was the Kudu. The RAD Tri-Con 125 gr, VPA Solid 125 gr, Iron-Will 125 gr and the Bone 125 gr flew great (right with field points) If I where to choose one of these four at this time it would be the VPA just because ease of sharpening, solid one piece construction, and out of the package really sharp. I would not hesitate to take the VPA, Iron-Will, RAD or the Bone on a back country hunt

I did not and will not do a destruction test with any of these broadheads to many posts and videos of people doing that now. My hats off to the folks that do the destruction test it gets expensive

There is one more broadhead that I am waiting on its called "ANNIHILATOR" the company is based out of Boise, ID. I was working down there this week and got to talking to a guy about bow hunting and broadheads. He asked if I heard of ANNIHILATOR, I said nope. He showed me their website and the videos. I gave him $50 and some cash to ship me a pack of 125 gr heads. These should arrive sometime next week. I will keep you posted

Attachments

• Broadheads .jpg
    Broadheads .jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 59
  • BH.JPG
    BH.JPG
    303.3 KB · Views: 65

Vandal 44

WKR
What I do when tuning my arrows is as follows 1) cut the arrow from both ends 2) square both end of the arrow with G5 tool 3) test the spine on my RAM arrow spine tester 4) install the HIT inserts 5) shoot bare shafts through paper, if I do not get a bullet hole then I twist the nock tell I get bullet hole. 6) then I fletch the arrows

The breakdown on the arrow build: the arrows I used where Victory RIP Elites 350 spine. with Easton nocks

The arrow shot with the 175 gr Valkyrie Blood Eagle arrow, I used the aluminum Easton HIT insert (16 gr) total arrow weight 455 gr

The six other broadheads I used a brass Easton HIT insert (50 gr) total arrow for all six 438 gr

All the arrow/broadhead combination spun true.

The Valkyrie Blood Eagles are crazy sharp and the construction is second to non. I will be spending more time tuning the Valkyrie Blood Eagle. I more than likely will be setting up my second bow to shoot the Valkyrie's

I hope this helps answer some of your questions

Vandal 44

WKR
Topo, the Annihilator fly really well for me out to 60 yards. The Radical Archery Design Tri-Con 125, Annihilator 125 and the Bone 125 all fly out of my set up the best out to 60 yards. The Annihilator come very sharp out of the pack, seem to very well constructed, the machining is nice however, they are very smallBH Test .jpg

Last edited:

Vandal 44

WKR
I will measure when I get back home and give you an exact width. The Annihilator 125 is smaller than than the Bone 125

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vandal 44

WKR
Did you get a chance to shoot the BloodEagles?

I did shoot the BloodEagle's the flight characteristics where very good. I liked them a lot and believe that they could be the best penetrating BH for low poundage/short draw bows (I liked them so much I ordered another pack). The Tri-Con, Bone and Annihilator flew the closest to my field point without any adjustments out to 60 yards. Realm-X set at 52 pounds and a 29.5" draw)

I have another bow that I am going to set up Mathews Traverse 53 pounds 29.5" draw and I am going to tune it so my field points and the BloodEagle fly closely together. I will keep you posted

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
I did shoot the BloodEagle's the flight characteristics where very good. I liked them a lot and believe that they could be the best penetrating BH for low poundage/short draw bows (I liked them so much I ordered another pack). The Tri-Con, Bone and Annihilator flew the closest to my field point without any adjustments out to 60 yards. Realm-X set at 52 pounds and a 29.5" draw)

I have another bow that I am going to set up Mathews Traverse 53 pounds 29.5" draw and I am going to tune it so my field points and the BloodEagle fly closely together. I will keep you posted

Thanks man. Have you happened to shoot them with a higher # set up?

Vandal 44

WKR
Thanks man. Have you happened to shoot them with a higher # set up?

No, I have had both shoulders operated on so many times from rotator cuff and labrum surgeries to simple scopes that I can only pull 52 maybe 55 depending on the draw cycle of the bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk