Valkyrie components

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
Guys, I am already thinking about elk for 2021 and setting up my archery system so practice can begin. I am switching up my broadhead and delivery system and strongly considering valkyrie.
I have a bunch of VAP TKO arrows in 350 spine already so I don’t necessarily want to buy the reign arrows offered by Valkyrie but how do I tie in the components into my arrows? I want to use the 160 grain short jag. What exactly do I need to buy?

thanks

Just call Valerie you can buy a test kit it’s very similar to setting up a normal arrow. I just sent my bow to the guys a Wilde arrow in salt lake which is close to me and they built me the whole set up which is like the easy button since they had all the components in stock.

Zac

WKR
Look on Valkyrie site and find either an aluminum collar or a steel one that fits the OD of your shaft. Then order the Jagger Broadheads and field tips in the same weight. As stated above I wouldn't recommend doing this without input from Brent. He prefers the Vaps over the Reigns anyway.

OP
R

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
Look on Valkyrie site and find either an aluminum collar or a steel one that fits the OD of your shaft. Then order the Jagger Broadheads and field tips in the same weight. As stated above I wouldn't recommend doing this without input from Brent. He prefers the Vaps over the Reigns anyway.
Thanks Zac, this is the input I was looking for. I will reach out to Brent.

Reactions: Zac

406unltd

WKR
If you don’t have outsert already glued on them then you can order Valkyrie sleeves/outserts. The issue for you will be picking the right one. Your OD is .242 and the closest options for sleeves from Valk is the ximpact size .240 which will obviously require a bit of sanding. Only other option is going to the regular VAP size .245 which is quite a bit bigger and could possibly be too sloppy. Brent will know your best route. Either way you’ll love the heads once setup. Good luck

TristanJH

Lil-Rokslider
I can't say enough good things about the Valkyrie system, but with your current 350 spine arrows, but you may find yourself rather limited in the point weight department, especially if you run a longer or heavier draw.

The aluminum centrepin sleeves run in the neighborhood of 20 grains + the lightest Jagger = roughly 180gn of total point weight. If it shoots, you ought to have a nice fast arrow, but I think you may be better served with a stiffer arrow, and I think you'd find a greater degree of durability in your arrows there too.

Brent will steer you right. Give him a call for sure!

Zac

WKR
I can't say enough good things about the Valkyrie system, but with your current 350 spine arrows, but you may find yourself rather limited in the point weight department, especially if you run a longer or heavier draw.

The aluminum centrepin sleeves run in the neighborhood of 20 grains + the lightest Jagger = roughly 180gn of total point weight. If it shoots, you ought to have a nice fast arrow, but I think you may be better served with a stiffer arrow, and I think you'd find a greater degree of durability in your arrows there too.

Brent will steer you right. Give him a call for sure!
He should be fine as long as he's shooting Victory. Those arrows react totally different in the spine department than anything else. Bren'ts normal setup for a 28 inch draw is a 350 Vap with 200+ up front.

OP
R

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
Yup. Arrows fly like a charm. I ended up with the 350 spines and 180 grain heads. Couldn’t be happier with the whole set up. It’s all peace of mind knowing you can nock the arrow, not worrying about fletchings, knowing your heads will be threaded tight and the system will not fail. Only thing left is you getting that arrow to its destination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk