Valkyrie System opinions on the AL collar vs steel collar

xFREDx

Lil-Rokslider
So I test out new arrow builds each year. I tested out the Day Six two years ago, the IW HiT system last year and now trying the Valkyrie system. I have generally tried to stay away form the aluminum stuff and go with steel as much as possible but not sure about this. I get it and know all outserts can bend. These sleeves being so short i think would have a heck of a time bending but again, not familiar with it. Who has tried it all out and would you go with the aluminum sleeve and 180g BH or Steel sleeve with the 160g BH?

Zac

WKR
Doesn't matter at all, just get the total weight you want.

406unltd

WKR
I’ve used the aluminum sleeves the last few years and have never had a single problem with them where a steel sleeve would have performed better. Achieving your desired overall weight is what will be the decisions maker for aluminum vs steel.

Trial153

WKR
For me a sleave/collar as long as its flanged is going to work fine against lateral force applied from the broadhead to the arrow. SS, ti or aluminum will all work

Reactions: Zac
OP
xFREDx

xFREDx

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input going with the aluminum. Looking forward to trying these out and how they compare to the others. Haven’t tried the new black eagle system the FOCC or FOOC whatever it is maybe next year. This year is all about the Valkyrie system

Zac

WKR
The Valkyrie system is the most durable on the market. However it can also be the most frustrating. I lost a bunch of collars with that system, and hated having to sand down the front of shafts. I think the IW system is probably close in durability yet is a much friendlier component system. Can't go wrong with either.

OP
xFREDx

xFREDx

Lil-Rokslider
yeah i will be using some atleast 24 hour epoxy. I noticed one above said the bishop 72 hour and it wont come off which is great, the price is steep for epoxy thats for sure and not sure when i will receive it since it says could be up to 12 weeks for it to ship. May just use my normal AAE two part epoxy.

dkime

WKR
Systems that depend on a chemical bond rather than a mechanical bond will always get ripped off through extended use. I dont care how long your epoxy takes to cure unless you are created a ribbed (for your pleasure) system that the epoxy can fill; that sh*t can a year to cure and you'll end up just as disappointed. If Valkyrie thought the extra hours were worth the time for the consumer; they would sell it. (assuming it's not engineered obsolescence)

Reactions: Zac