Valkyrie vs Iron Will.......What say you

The Iron Will Impact Collars can be used on these arrows, but only with Deep Six HIT Inserts and Deep Six field points or broadheads. They can't be used in place of the Ballistic Collars with their standard half-out, since the Ballistic Collar extends beyond the half-out to contain the shank of the broadhead, but our Impact Collars do not.

Are the new s100’s a different size or is the pic just distorted on website?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trez1013

FNG
I had the same choice to make earlier this Spring after becoming fed up with the goldtip outserts and then drawing a Bull Moose tag in idaho. I wanted something more reliable than the GT, heavier than my current set up of 442, and needed a fixed blade BH to comply with Idaho regs. I pretty quickly narrowed it down to the same two choices as you have.

The cost is high on either system, but I believe the Valkyrie system is a fair amount cheaper (might want to validate that).

I really like the 2 blade, single bevel heads from Grizzly Sticks and the research that it's based on, however I went with the Valkyrie system b/c of their center pin system and I've been very happy with them.

I was worried about the reduced speed and pin gaps resulting from a heavy set up, but it turned out to be a non-issue.

I ended up with 225gr heads and a total weight of 496gr. 28.5" draw, 70 lbs. 269ft/sec. I shoot the axcel 5 pin slider and I really didn't see a discernable difference in pin gaps. In fact, for longer ranges (70-110) where I'm dialing down the site, the gaps are actually smaller. My assumption is that the FOC helps them carry better at distance.

Anyway, I think either choice is a good one and luckily both companies have an inexpensive 2 arrow test kit that you can order with various heads. This allows you to see what combo your bow likes best, and if you take advantage of that it should help make the decision much easier.

I'm very happy with the Valkyrie. I was able to put 2 of them through moose a few weeks ago. 1 broadside at 35ish, one quartering away at 22. Both were full pass throughs and neither arrow was ever found. That's good enough for me!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
What’s your arrow setup?

FlyGuy

WKR
300spine
Cut to 28”
8.1 gr/inch
4 fletch
225gr head
Black .232 insert
496 gr total weight

You can’t cheat the mountain

HuntWyld

WKR
300spine
Cut to 28”
8.1 gr/inch
4 fletch
225gr head
Black .232 insert
496 gr total weight

You can’t cheat the mountain

How do those arrows tune? I have 28in 330 spine hexx with 75gr hit insert and the iron will s100. These fly well currently but I wanted to add the 25gr impact collar to strengthen the front of my arrow but this would put me at 200gr point weight so concerned about being underspined. But if your shooting well at 225 point weight with 300 spine I may be able to get this setup with the collars to shoot as well.