Valles Caldera elk tag

I read your thread from 2018, congrats but its missing some "content" lol

Every time i pull up google and onx its like ah jeez where to start, it all looks so good. So many parks, feed, water...

Did anyone get contacted by the park about when the orientation briefing will be? It said day or 2 before the hunt if i remember right but i havnt heard anything

I'm only going to say it once, the hunt was too emotional for me due to multiple medical complications. It's extremely personal and it will stay that way. I almost didn't make the hunt but made the most of that tag. No need to bash someone on missing "content".

People know to reach me from that thread and they do.

If you want first-hand info though, reach out. I've had two Zoom calls just this year with individuals who drew. I'm pretty forthcoming with my information to help folks kill a big bull, not just any bull. I'm not going to share it on the internet though.

As far as your question I'll answer it. Orientation is 1 day or 2 days before the hunt, you pick. With that said if you reach out nicely, I'll give you what the real details are. I don't want the internet to know how to play this hunt causing a mess for the agency because frankly, after a lot of talks with individuals I can see them taking this hunt away in the future.

I'm only going to say it once, the hunt was too emotional for me due to multiple medical complications. It's extremely personal and it will stay that way. I almost didn't make the hunt but made the most of that tag. No need to bash someone on missing "content".

People know to reach me from that thread and they do.

If you want first-hand info though, reach out. I've had two Zoom calls just this year with individuals who drew. I'm pretty forthcoming with my information to help folks kill a big bull, not just any bull. I'm not going to share it on the internet though.

As far as your question I'll answer it. Orientation is 1 day or 2 days before the hunt, you pick. With that said if you reach out nicely, I'll give you what the real details are. I don't want the internet to know how to play this hunt causing a mess for the agency because frankly, after a lot of talks with individuals I can see them taking this hunt away in the future.

No bashing intended my man, i worded it that way cause it read like you inserted them in a way that you were coming back to fill in the blanks.
I get it and understand, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Im hoping second archery is loud enough they will be telling us where to go but any pointers are always appreciated. I do hope to chat with you. Thanks in advance

Beendare

WKR
No way...you guys are giving out info on my SUPER secret spot- grin

Since I will never draw it in my lifetime......I guess it's OK.....

_____

Wapiti7

FNG
RyanCmns-so how did that 2nd archery hunt go? Don't care where you hunted or killed, just want to know how the hunt went. I'm taking a buddy there for muzzle on 10/10 and curious how the rut was shaking out. Good hell, I'm excited and don't even have a tag in my pocket.

Gila

WKR
We drew a Valles Caldera elk rifle tag. 1-237 odds. I'm super excited but we've never hunted there before.

Any advise for this October 24-28 hunt would be appreciated. One of my friend is in his 60's so we're concerned about access, too.'

Thank you.
You have a ticket to hunt elk in "Jurassic Park" and you want to know where the elk are? :ROFLMAO:

RyanCmns

WKR
RyanCmns-so how did that 2nd archery hunt go? Don't care where you hunted or killed, just want to know how the hunt went. I'm taking a buddy there for muzzle on 10/10 and curious how the rut was shaking out. Good hell, I'm excited and don't even have a tag in my pocket.

It was lights out wish I’d have been more patient but I wanted to go help my dad on his hunt turned multiple bulls down killed on day 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk