Vane color

WCB

WKR
I hunt in the Midwest, Dakotas, and out farther west. I've done flo green, yellow, orange, and solid white with white wraps and white knocks.

Hands down nothing stands out better than hot pink add hot pink wraps even better.

Yellow
a9d248a666f77e7a5055dea148ac0b8f.plist

I like fluorescent yellow wrap and fluorescent pink vanes. The yellow wrap really pops at dawn and dusk or in the dark with a headlamp, pink shows up great the rest of the time.

mtnkid85

WKR
I liked my orange last year, but Im going to add a lighted nock for this year. I also like the idea of a reflective wrap, but don't really want to add more weight to the back of my arrow.

Do you guys running white feel like you can get a better read on the blood type against the white?

TwoTikkas

WKR

In defense of lighted nicks. These arrows have 7" Flo green wraps and three 2" Flo green vanes. Covered in blood they would completely disappear in the ground cover if not for the nock and snow. I could see it from the blind before I ever got up to go look. In the regular archery season without snow, it would have been a search for certain.

Gumbo

WKR
I buy white Vanetec vanes and use a flo orange paint pen to paint the ones I want to hunt with or shoot in the field. The reason I don't buy flo orange vanes is that they aren't as stiff as the white ones. I lost too many white ones and this system works well for me.

Stalker69

WKR
I have tried white, orange, yellow, red, blue and pink. Pink is by far the easiest to see, for me. I don’t really care to have pink, but it’s what works best for me.

TwoTikkas

WKR
White shield cut Bohning X-vanes, 4x fletched with a 3 degree right helical. Did them with my goat tuff jig, takes a few tries to dial in the process with that setup but I liked that jig once I got used to it.

Thanks! I like the idea of the Goat Tuff jig. I didn't realize it was 4 fletch compatible.

MoySan

FNG
Blue/ White and Green/White have worked well for me

I use to have red fletch arrows and found that they were hard for my eyes to find at time.

OP
J

J.G.

FNG
Thanks for all the replies. I think I’ll go with a 4 fletch in blue and hot pink with a white wrap. Hopefully that’ll work better for me. Couple other questions. When nock tuning will rotating the arrow 180 deg will it make a difference? such as if I put two pink vanes opposite each other, does it matter which is up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
J

J.G.

FNG
Thanks for all the replies. I think I’ll go with a 4 fletch in blue and hot pink with a white wrap. Hopefully that’ll work better for me. Couple other questions. When nock tuning will rotating the arrow 180 deg will it make a difference? such as if I put two pink vanes opposite each other, does it matter which is up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beendare

WKR
It is probably overkill to consider, but I've seen research that suggests ungulates can see yellow and blue. I use 2 white/1 orange, with a white wrap and nock.
Yeah...good point^ Matt.
I've seen the fact they can see blue..... I swear a bull elk spotted my bright yellow fletching last year hunting in my saddle. I'm switching those yellow before next season.

___