Vane Glue.

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I'm wanting to test the waters on fletching my own arrows so buddy and I are going to go 50/50 on a bitz jig. I really like black eagle rampage arrows but would like to go 4 fletch and also have debated switching to the aae max hunter vanes. I've heard different vanes like different glue depending on what their made of. I was hoping for some input from guys that have used either of these vanes on what glues you have had the best luck with?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Aae makes a vane glue. Don't know if you need it. I always wipe the shafts down with Alcohol, use the Easton quick bond lightly down the vane then press on. Use the bohning platinum afterwards on the tip of the vane and down each side.

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Aae makes a vane glue. Don't know if you need it. I always wipe the shafts down with Alcohol, use the Easton quick bond lightly down the vane then press on. Use the bohning platinum afterwards on the tip of the vane and down each side.
The aae specific glue is what kinda sparked my question. Curious if it's more of a way to keep you buying aae product or if theres truly a method to the madness. Thanks for the input and tip on the bohing platinum.

The aae specific glue is what kinda sparked my question. Curious if it's more of a way to keep you buying aae product or if theres truly a method to the madness. Thanks for the input and tip on the bohing platinum.

Could be but I suspect most all the fast set stuff is pretty much the same. Just clean shafts good before hand. I also got turned on to using the gorilla glue impact tough super glue for inserts if not using hot melt.

Jakeb

Lil-Rokslider
I've had trouble with AAE max vanes not sticking until I listened to the instructions and used their glue, pen and wipes. I think the most vital part is the primer pen.

It added another $25 to fletching my arrows though if that matters to you. If you do decide to use AAE vanes just know you have to use their glue, wipes and primer pen. I tried it without and they fell off left and right.

In my research it seems like only the AAE "MAX" material vanes need the pen, but I cannot confirm that because I've only tried the Max hunter vanes.

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I've had trouble with AAE max vanes not sticking until I listened to the instructions and used their glue, pen and wipes. I think the most vital part is the primer pen.

It added another $25 to fletching my arrows though if that matters to you. If you do decide to use AAE vanes just know you have to use their glue, wipes and primer pen. I tried it without and they fell off left and right.

In my research it seems like only the AAE "MAX" material vanes need the pen, but I cannot confirm that because I've only tried the Max hunter vanes.
This is exactly the kind of info I was looking for as far as the aae vanes. I hadent looked at the $ of the pen or wipes though. Thanks for the insight man.

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Do you guys all buy bare shaft and then build them? It seems that for arrows with NO fletchings are more than buying with fletching. (Seems backwards considering you dont get vanes and have to make a separate purchase) Is there a reason I shouldn't buy fletched and just cut them off/ clean the shaft to do what I want after?

Gumbo

WKR
I tried some AAE vanes but didn't like the extra step and extra money with the primer pen. I also didn't like the self-aspyxiation associated with the pen. I am sticking (pun intended) with Vanetec for the time being and Blazer Bond or AAE Max Bond.

I've tried my fair share of glues over the years and for the last couple years I've found Gorilla Glue super glue gel (green cap) to be 100% for me.
It's just work 100% for me but with only a couple different vanes I tried.

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried my fair share of glues over the years and for the last couple years I've found Gorilla Glue super glue gel (green cap) to be 100% for me.
It's just work 100% for me but with only a couple different vanes I tried.
What vanes?

Jakeb

Lil-Rokslider
Do you guys all buy bare shaft and then build them? It seems that for arrows with NO fletchings are more than buying with fletching. (Seems backwards considering you dont get vanes and have to make a separate purchase) Is there a reason I shouldn't buy fletched and just cut them off/ clean the shaft to do what I want after?

Not sure where you are pricing them? Usually fletched arrows come 6 to a pack and bare come 12, Not sure if that's where the price difference comes in?

I've tested aae, did a good prep applied the same and tried pulling it off In 60 second and the same tore glue held perfectly. I'll be using this stuff for any fletching I need. Easton carbon injexion with boehing heat vanes is what I tested it on.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I like the max stealth's but the prep is kinds of a pain, I have an Easton primer pen and that works well and id wipe the shaft down with whatever I had first but its just two more steps, so the aae plastifletch #26 is the same exact dimensions as max stealth but different material and there is no need for any prep work, they are lighter and cheaper, I have got them on ebay for 10$ per 100 with free shipping just need to look around. I really like them so far

and ive used the locktight gel Easton vane adhesive and the gorilla super glue all with the same results, and I couldn't get anything to work with no prep work on the stealths and pro max though

mtbshark

WKR
If you go with AAE max material vane, then use the entire AAE prep and glue system. They are on there if you do. The flip side in my opinion is that it takes forever to build a dozen that way.
But I am still running them. I ran flexfletch for years and they are also finicky to get to stick. So far the AAE are more durable but wayyyyy heavier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure where you are pricing them? Usually fletched arrows come 6 to a pack and bare come 12, Not sure if that's where the price difference comes in?
I must have never paid attention to the quantity and only price. Lol

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the guidance fellas!

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, all AAE MAX vanes must use the primer pen on the vane 10 sec prior to glueing.
They do sell a kit with wipes, glue and primer pen for about $20.
As far as the max hunter, I have found them to be too tall to clear most cable systems so be careful. The Max Stealth is a much better vane IMO for hunting shafts.
You can see the difference in my pic.
5ca3176bef635b94053feaa8d42fe687.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

What vanes?

Not sure if someone has answered this but gorilla glue will absolutely NOT work on AAE Max vanes - you definitely need to use their whole system if you want to use the vanes. I ended up using Bohning Heat Vanes with Gorilla Glue and it works nicely.