Vanes for me

Agreed...BUT, you have to clean the crap out of them or they just won't stick....at least the ones from years ago.

Yea the old vanes you had to use the flex fletch primer and then they worked really well.

But the new “no prep” ones don’t require the use of the primer

So I got a fletching jig for Christmas and I order easton axis 300 match grade with the 50 gr hit inserts. (looking for 500 gr arrows with decent foc )..
The 1 shop told me they use 3" aae stealth vane and the other shop told me aae 4" vanes. Does it matter? Is 1 better?
I shoot a 67# bow with a 29 1/2 draw and 28 1/2 arrows.
1st time fletcher here looking for help

Thank you
Eric
This is a great thread with good information.

OP
Fridaythe13th
Finally got a couple of arrows made. (Easton axis 260 match grade with ethic archery outserts). Without shooting them yet I think the AAE and me are going to be friends. I hope they shot well. THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP.20200218_125710.jpg

Luziana Feller

Lil-Rokslider
good thread...

has anyone tried the Levi's TAC vanes to compare with AAE Max Stealth? both are the finicky diva vanes that require the additional prep work... i hunt primarily wigged out whitetail so flight noise is a consideration.

406unltd

WKR
I like the happy medium with most things I can get away with it on. Of course that is going to vary based on every individuals physical characteristics and equipment used. With that said I don’t like high profile vanes. I also dont want low profile vanes. I don’t want short vanes and I also don’t want looong ones. I shoot either the 2.7” max stealths or the hybrid 26. Both are 1/2” tall and 2.7” long. I 4 fletch them and they make my shortJag heads fly amazing.