Vanes wanted for testing.

Anyone have 9 Blazer vanes and 9 IW vanes they wanna sell me? Per another thread blazers steer IW wide broadheads whereas max stealth struggles to stabilize them. I just don't wanna have to buy a whole package worth of blazers or IW if they don't help

fatlander

WKR
Aren’t the iron will vanes just AAE hybrid hunters with the iron will branding? You’ll probably be able to find the regular AAEs a lot easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hiker270

WKR
IW Vanes look like AAE Max hunter vanes to me. I use Blazer vanes. Never tried the AAE
Aren’t the iron will vanes just AAE hybrid hunters with the iron will branding? You’ll probably be able to find the regular AAEs a lot easier.

I think the compound is a little different. Softer or stiffer.

A stiffer vane with steer faster.

fatlander

WKR
I think the compound is a little different. Softer or stiffer.

A stiffer vane with steer faster.

This is from iron wills website:

“For the best fletching for broadhead flight, we partnered with AAE to produce a vane from their Hybrid material in the Hunter profile. The result is an enhanced vane that starts steering the arrow immediately as it leaves the string and provides unmatched stability for great broadhead accuracy.”

This is from iron wills website:

“For the best fletching for broadhead flight, we partnered with AAE to produce a vane from their Hybrid material in the Hunter profile. The result is an enhanced vane that starts steering the arrow immediately as it leaves the string and provides unmatched stability for great broadhead accuracy.”

Do it's the hunter in a material not available from AAE correct?

Meaning, it's not a proprietary material to IW, but it's a profile of a vane in material that AAE doesn't otherwise offer.

fatlander

WKR
Do it's the hunter in a material not available from AAE correct?

Meaning, it's not a proprietary material to IW, but it's a profile of a vane in material that AAE doesn't otherwise offer.

Sounds like a really long marketing paragraph that could be paraphrased as “we put our logo on the hybrid hunter vane”

Sounds like a really long marketing paragraph that could be paraphrased as “we put our logo on the hybrid hunter vane”

Maybe, buy if you specifically want that material, I think it's the only option for that vane with that material.

I might be incorrect, I don't get too wrapped up in vanes. I pick something with a tall enough profile for what I need, and sticks easily.

fatlander

WKR
Maybe, buy if you specifically want that material, I think it's the only option for that vane with that material.

I might be incorrect, I don't get too wrapped up in vanes. I pick something with a tall enough profile for what I need, and sticks easily.

Yes you’re right.

I didn’t know AAE didn’t offer the hybrid in the hunter.

But the hybrid material isn’t as stiff as the max. It’s much closer to blazer than max. The appeal of the hybrid is lick and stick, the knock is that they’re not as stiff or durable.

Yoder

WKR
One thing I noticed, the Max hunter vanes are really loud. I'm pretty sure I have a bunch of them. Let me know if you want to try them out. I wound up doing a 4 fletch with the stealth hunters.