Vanes??

Lukem

WKR
I've shot Blazers for 6 years now. Never once had an adhesion problem that wasn't related to contact with another arrow. The only glue I've used has been AAE Fast set gel. Learned in my league the last couple weeks that the glue bonds the fletching tighter to the wrap than the wrap is to the arrow.

vcb

WKR
I've shot Blazers for 6 years now. Never once had an adhesion problem that wasn't related to contact with another arrow. The only glue I've used has been AAE Fast set gel. Learned in my league the last couple weeks that the glue bonds the fletching tighter to the wrap than the wrap is to the arrow.
+1 on the AAE fast set gel. I like that stuff

IAHNTR

WKR
I couldn't get Fusions to hold for the life of me. Tried multiple prep scenarios and glues to no avail. Emailed Norway twice about the issue, but they never got back to me so I said screw them. I then went to 4, 4" feathers. Shoots Shuttle T's awesome and I love the look of feathers.

Last edited:
OP
Jake Leibke
I also tried the fusion neons..... I could not get them to stick for the life of me. Tried several different glues.

J-Daddy

WKR
I picked up some MINI Blazers the other day, I'm gonna play with 4 of them and see how they fly mechanicals.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Good choice sk1, made that exact switch about 4 years ago and never looked back!!
(This comment is in reference to 360 Flex Fletch Vanes)

Old reliable... can't beat this combination for fixed blades - promise you that!! No blazer or short vane will hang at long range/fixed blades. And the durability of FF is the best.

Coop

PhillyB

WKR
I picked up some of the flex fletch 360's after reading through this thread.

They seem to fly just like blazers, but the major difference is the noise. The 360's are silent in flight when compared to the blazers.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Are you shooting broadheads or field points? What broadhead and what speed (approx.)? The Blazers do seem to make a lot of noise...

PhillyB

WKR
Are you shooting broadheads or field points? What broadhead and what speed (approx.)? The Blazers do seem to make a lot of noise...

Its a Hoyt Alphamax at 292 fps. They are much quieter with both field points and BH's. I shoot the standard muzzy heads and I didnt notice any difference in flight vs. the blazers, just the noise difference.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Its a Hoyt Alphamax at 292 fps. They are much quieter with both field points and BH's. I shoot the standard muzzy heads and I didnt notice any difference in flight vs. the blazers, just the noise difference.

The fact that both vanes shoot the same is a pretty good indicator that your bow is really well tuned - although Muzzy's usually fly pretty dang good. U would probably see a difference if the bow was not tuned well or with a larger broadhead.

Blackcow

WKR
I'm shooting four AAE 2" plastifletch max on .250 VAP's . Fletched on an Az mini. Fly great with terminal t's and ulmers .

a3dhunter

WKR
there's this one guy who got me to try fusions by giving them to me......glad I didn't pay for them, first one fell off last night. I might try some different glue, maybe some wraps, we'll see. Was not impressed though.
I ordered a Bitz for fletching, been waiting a couple weeks now .....
hoping I get it before hunting season.

Snipershirt

Lil-Rokslider
AAE 3" plasti-fletch for years...been playing with the 3" flex-fletch vanes on my 2315s with good results.

rutfest

FNG
I have played with a few different one over the last few years mainly just to try something different. I started with Blazers, then went to three inch Fusions. Now I am using the 2 in Flex Fletch Silent Knights. They are marketed as a crossbow vane for some reason but work fantastic for my setup. They are lighter than Blazers and retain their shape better than any vane I have tried. They also make a three in version if you feel like you need a little more stabilization. I believe this is one of the best vanes on the market but no one really knows about it.