Vanguard Endeavor 15-45 x 65

Well I did it, ever since Robby Denning posted the video about these scopes at the SHOT show, I've been considering purchasing one. Read some reviews about last year's line of Vanguard scopes, and decided it was worth the risk. I did some internet shopping today, and found this scope for $534 shipped to the house, should be here by the end of the week. When it gets here, I'm going to put it through the paces and see how it performs, if it doesn't meet the expected standards, I'll return it and move to a Kowa or Vortex.

OP
couesbitten
Scope arrived today while I was busy using the wheelbarrow to transfer 2 yards of dirt to the raised garden. Took a minute to open up the box and have a quick look, seemed very nice, more to follow as I get some time.

Last edited:
OP
couesbitten
Went on a short hike today as part of my daily workout and packed the scope along. When I got to the top of the mountain, I got it set up and could rad the reader board out front of the elementary school. Checked the distance on Google Earth when I got home, and approximately 1.2 miles. So far I'm happy with the scope, and definitely think I did good for $500.

Compared to other scopes, how does it stack up? Looking for a frame of reference for center resolution, edge to edge clarity, build, etc. At what magnification does the image start to break down, or does it hold true out to 45x?

OP
couesbitten
At that distance, the quality of the picture started to suffer from 40 on. I haven't had the opportunity to compare it to any other scopes, but it seems well built, the dual focus knobs do not appear to be as robust as the Vortex. Color and clarity is good and I did not see any significant edge distortion. Take this for what it's worth, I don't have the optics experience that Bitterroot Bulls does. Maybe I'll send it to him for his review.