Vanguard HD 65A Package

pchrisla

Lil-Rokslider
Opticsplant has their Vanguard HD65A package for 379 currently. With the code WORK7 this drops down to 360 shipped to your door. This package includes the spotter, table top tripod, and hard case. Vanguard also is running a promotion giving you a free ABEO 243AV tripod with proof of purchase. This lasts through 4/30/19. That's a 170 dollar tripod on optics planet. Can also pay a little bit more and get the HD 82 model spotter in this package. Good deal for a solid built entry spotter package.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vanguard-vanguard-endeavor-hd-65a-spotting-scope-angled.html

Last edited:

colonel00

WKR
Well, I just don't know that I need the 82 really. Honestly, I've gone this long without a spotting scope really at all. Most of my hunts aren't the type where I'm perched and spotting for really long distances and long durations. If I was, maybe the 82 would work better. Plus it's heavier and comes out to $422 after the coupon code so $89 more.

Really, for me this will probably spend more time at the shooting range than in the field. If you are someone that does spend a lot of time glassing and such, the 82 would probably work out just fine.

Well, I just don't know that I need the 82 really. Honestly, I've gone this long without a spotting scope really at all. Most of my hunts aren't the type where I'm perched and spotting for really long distances and long durations. If I was, maybe the 82 would work better. Plus it's heavier and comes out to $422 after the coupon code so $89 more.

Really, for me this will probably spend more time at the shooting range than in the field. If you are someone that does spend a lot of time glassing and such, the 82 would probably work out just fine.

Appreciate the info. I’ve bought and sold several spotters now. (Razor 50 & 85, Vanguard 65 & 82). Never got used to using 1 eye and prefer 2 eyes and big binos. This is a sweet spotter deal....But I don’t really hunt in places where I need to sit and glass for any length of time. Hard to pass it up though and just curious your direction. Thanks again! Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
pchrisla

pchrisla

Lil-Rokslider
Same, I've never had a need for a spotter really but couldn't pass it up. I'm sure this will mainly be a range spotter but could see some use in Wyoming this year. Nothing will replace a good glass binos.

No it doesn't. I thought they were talking about the rebate tripod. I didn't see what all was included in the optics planet package. Makes that package deal that much better!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hmmm... this is very tempting...

I thought I wanted a light weight spotter like Vortex Razor 50mm it Kowa TSN 501 but this endeavor price is nearly half the cost of the razor.

tdhanses

WKR
Hmmm... this is very tempting...

I thought I wanted a light weight spotter like Vortex Razor 50mm it Kowa TSN 501 but this endeavor price is nearly half the cost of the razor.

And a better spotter with the same warranty if I remember correctly.

tdhanses

WKR
But the Endeavor is 51 ounces where the razor I think is lows 20’s ounces and the lows is 14 ounces

Always a trade off somewhere. Have you considered any of the other 50mm options? The Kowa 501 is about as light as you can go and it is similar in price isn’t it. I wouldn’t spend the extra on the vortex personally but I know how you are torn, I run a Kowa 55.

Always a trade off somewhere. Have you considered any of the other 50mm options? The Kowa 501 is about as light as you can go and it is similar in price isn’t it. I wouldn’t spend the extra on the vortex personally but I know how you are torn, I run a Kowa 55.

Sorry I missed spelled in my previous post. I meant the Kowa 501 is only 14 ounces. The Kowa 55 is a nice scope but beyond what I want to spend at this time. I only used a spotter to get a better look at what I find in my binos (Maven B.2’s 9x45)

Thanks for the heads up on the deal. I bit and decided to give it a try.

Does that come in the kit with case and table tripod though? Plus, most folks get hit with tax on Amazon

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I got hit with sales tax on opticsplanet. Added another almost $30 to the price. Oh well.