Vaportrail Gen7x

Deer777

FNG
New to this forum. Having a hard time on ArcheryTalk (same username) figuring out if the Vaportrail Gen7x will fit the newer Mathews V3/V3X with the way the roller guard is angled down. Anyway, I’d appreciate any info and opinions on the gen7x in general. Still trying to decide between it and the hamskea trinity. Wanting to try a limb driven rest for a change, been shooting QAD forever. Thanks in advance!

marktole

WKR
No, the Gen 7x will not fit the Mathews V3 with the angled roller guard. I have a V3 31 and got the Vaportrail Limb Driver Pro V. It’s the exact same rest as the Gen 7x, but without a full containment cage. It fits.

I do not know if the Gen 7x will fit the V3X. I would assume not on the 29, but the 33, maybe? With a little longer brace height I don’t know if the cables and the roller guard are slightly different than on the 29 and could fit it.

OP
D

Deer777

FNG
Just find it interesting that I see a lot of trinitys but not many gen 7s in the classifieds. Guessing they either sell a lot more trinitys or ppl like the gen7s more.

fatlander

WKR
Just find it interesting that I see a lot of trinitys but not many gen 7s in the classifieds. Guessing they either sell a lot more trinitys or ppl like the gen7s more.

Everyone is unloading their hamskea rests to upgrade to their newest iteration, the epsilon. It doesn’t have anything to do with vapor trail being superior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

Deer777

FNG
Could be, I’d seen a higher number of trinitys on AT before the epsilon announcement too. Maybe ppl knew it was coming, I don’t know. Both brands are good no doubt.

fatlander

WKR
Everyone knew the epsilon was coming when Mathews released their new bow. Hamskea made an announcement that they had a rest coming that would work the with new quiver. That’s when the increase started.

Both make quality products. I’ve had and used different iterations from companies both extensively. Hamskea is a better built product. But it’s really a spot Hogg vs MBG comparison. Both are great, one is just built substantially better.

OP
D

Deer777

FNG
Everyone knew the epsilon was coming when Mathews released their new bow. Hamskea made an announcement that they had a rest coming that would work the with new quiver. That’s when the increase started.

Both make quality products. I’ve had and used different iterations from companies both extensively. Hamskea is a better built product. But it’s really a spot Hogg vs MBG comparison. Both are great, one is just built substantially better.

Ah that makes sense, thank you

OP
D

Deer777

FNG
No, the Gen 7x will not fit the Mathews V3 with the angled roller guard. I have a V3 31 and got the Vaportrail Limb Driver Pro V. It’s the exact same rest as the Gen 7x, but without a full containment cage. It fits.

I do not know if the Gen 7x will fit the V3X. I would assume not on the 29, but the 33, maybe? With a little longer brace height I don’t know if the cables and the roller guard are slightly different than on the 29 and could fit it.
Thank you