VAPs vs Injexions?

I have heard some reports that VAPs out penetrate Injexions. I am not exactly sure why, but am wondering if anyone has any thoughts or perspectives on which arrow is better for hunting situations.

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe the ICE coating on VAPs help? Regardless I think we are splitting hairs. Target penetration does not usually transfer to live game penetration through flesh IMO.

Maybe the ICE coating on VAPs help? Regardless I think we are splitting hairs. Target penetration does not usually transfer to live game penetration through flesh IMO.

I agree.

There are reports out there that say anything you want them to say. In my opinion, its just marketing and fanboys. If it gives you confidence, use them. Otherwise, continue using what works.

swat8888

WKR
I also got black eagles, not as small but a great bargain over the other two mentioned. Haven't shot them yet so can't attest to performance yet.

Black eagle deep impacts shafts $131 vs carbon injexion shafts $141.

You just got to know the right people.

mtbshark

WKR
so I cant talk about the two arrows asked about but...

I have been shooting the BE Rampage for 8 months now and they are amazing, they helped out with my first elk!
If you want one arrow for hunting and 3d then i think the BE Rampage cant be beat.

sorry for helping with the derailing of this thread

Scottiem

Lil-Rokslider
I have heard some reports that VAPs out penetrate Injexions. I am not exactly sure why, but am wondering if anyone has any thoughts or perspectives on which arrow is better for hunting situations.

I do agree with the statements above about splitting hairs, but I would say that "if" the VAP's out penetrate the injexions it's because of the extra FOC. They are both a small diameter arrows but the VAP's have a heavier "outsert". I currently shoot the VAP's with the 92 gr. SS outsert and love them. They've had reports of the aluminum outserts (43 gr) bending. I choose to shoot the SS partially for that reason but mainly cause I like the extra FOC.

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
so I cant talk about the two arrows asked about but...

I have been shooting the BE Rampage for 8 months now and they are amazing, they helped out with my first elk!
If you want one arrow for hunting and 3d then i think the BE Rampage cant be beat.

sorry for helping with the derailing of this thread
That's what I use too. Great arrow. I shot one through a dryer in deer camp this past year and still use the arrow.

bbrown

WKR
So I was just getting ready to order some new arrows and I was going to go back to the CE Maximas but you guys have me interested in the Black Eagle Deep Impacts. One thing I can't seem to find on their website is info about the inserts and whether it will work with normal broad heads or is it going to require the special (limited) broad heads like the injections?

swat8888

WKR
Don't have an answer but firenock on archery talk might, I believe he is one ow if not the owner. He gave me the low down on the aeroinserts A, which I don't think fit into the deep impacts. I think they take normal broadheads but not 100% sure.

6t4nova

WKR
So I was just getting ready to order some new arrows and I was going to go back to the CE Maximas but you guys have me interested in the Black Eagle Deep Impacts. One thing I can't seem to find on their website is info about the inserts and whether it will work with normal broad heads or is it going to require the special (limited) broad heads like the injections?

You use the firenock outsert on them and shoot a regular broadhead.

bbrown

WKR
Am I missing something - the firenock outsert says it fits .202-.204 ID but the BE Deep Impact is .165 ID?
The VAP inserts look like they would work - fit .166 ID?
Sorry for the thread hijack - I should probably just start a new thread.

6t4nova

WKR
the outserts are spine specific. I am shooting the BE 300 spine deep impacts and with the outsert, blazers, and 100 grain point, my arrows are 452 grains. Yup, sold my CX arrows and picked up the Black Eagles.

One thing to keep in mind with the outserts, they do add about .5" length to your arrow. You will have to take that into consideration when you cut them.

bbrown

WKR
I see now - I just googled the firenock outsert and it pulled up something similar to the VAP type outsert. Thanks
How are you like the Deep Impacts?

6t4nova

WKR
Love them. With the outsert they have some great FOC and out penetrate the CX's I was shooting by a long shot. Have to be careful what target I am shooting at because they will bury past the fletching in regular foam blocks or my block target. They group extremely well also. I went with the .003 shafts vs the .001 shafts as there wasn't much difference after they were cut and squared.

supercub

FNG
If you want to avoid outserts, I've read that the Deep-Six inserts will fit into the VAPs. Its a tight fit but you can run a .17 cal brass brush on drill if you need. The VAP shafts are lighter than the InjeXions if you are concerned about FOC, but overall arrow weight may be too light for your needs.