Varget batch to batch consistency?

Sandstrom

WKR
I recently acquired 6 lbs of Varget. 4 lbs from one batch and 2 lbs from another batch. I am just getting into reloading (did some in high school about 25 years ago) so bear with me:) I had read on the internet about batch to batch inconsistency, is this something I need to worry about? Should I mix them all together and make one super batch that I don’t have to worry about? If so, how would I go about that?
Thanks!
Ryan

4ester

WKR
I’ve seen some lot to lot consistency with Varget and others. I’ve started blending batches in an 8lb keg and been good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snuzzo29

Lil-Rokslider
I dont know about mixing them as I never have. When switching from one lot to another I back the charge weight down and work back up. Especially if you are near max.

I would mix them all up and be done with it. It’s a PIA when you switch bottles and find that it’s not working right anymore

I went through the same dilemma with H1000. I believe it is also in their "Extreme" series with Varget.

I was pleasantly surprised with the results. After switching lot #s on a new container, I had no change in velocity, point of impact or group size.

Still a good idea to work up to the same load for safety. But, it was encouraging to see the consistency they claim. Hopefully that's an indication that they have their quality control dialed-in.

I have never mixed batches.

Good luck. Hope you get similar results.