Variflame Large Rifle Primer Adapter for TC Omega

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a vera flame system on a cva paramount and haven't had a single notable issue but it only has a couple hundred rounds through it

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

ENCORE

WKR
I have a vera flame system on a cva paramount and haven't had a single notable issue but it only has a couple hundred rounds through it

You're one of the lucky ones. Many have had problems with that Paramount and switched over to the Arrowhead system.

OP
cobb

cobb

FNG
You're one of the lucky ones. Many have had problems with that Paramount and switched over to the Arrowhead system.
So the Variflame is a Paramount brand and you believe the arrowhead is better? Just asking, this is new to me.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
So the Variflame is a Paramount brand and you believe the arrowhead is better? Just asking, this is new to me.
They are both ignition systems that use a rifle primer with an adapter that seals the primer to the chamber. What encore is referring to is the adapter not sealing the chamber and allowing blowby which affects accuracy and can make removing the adapter difficult. Note all muzzleloaders can suffer from blowby in any of the ignition systems from straight nipple any of the 209 to the newest rifle primers.
Arrowhead is full custom system and it's patented to them. They do offer some retrofits depending on model of muzzleloader.
Vera flame is doing the same with a different patented designed primer adapter. It's been adopted and offered in some production muzzleloaders like the cva paramount.
I came only comment about what I've used and the cva paramount pro has done nothing but impressed me. There's a few threads on arrowhead and I did a quick thread on the pro if you search around.

OP
cobb

cobb

FNG
For an Omega, I'd likely talk to Jeff at Bestill Creations.
Don't need a new muzzleloader or think my TC Omega needs any custom work done on it. Just curious about the use of rifle primers instead of 209's.

OK, so with the little input I got, I assume these are a bad idea.
Go check out hanks precision gun parts.
I just got a kit from him that uses large rifle primers...seems pretty bullet proof although slows loading down a tad.