Vasectomy

Chape1rm

Lil-Rokslider
@Chape1rm I'm sorry but I laughed entirely too hard at that whole post!

I had one done about 5 months ago after my wife had the 3rd kid. I love those boys but damn I'm good with 3. She went with me to the doctors appointment for the procedure and had to sign a waiver.

Sitting there in the procedure room and it was FRIGID if you catch my drift. My wife was making jokes with the nurses. I asked them when they gave me the 3mg of Versed who took care of me if it made me stop breathing. This lady looks at me and giggles and says "it hasn't happened yet..."

Doc comes in and the first shot was bad but it wasn't horrible. During the procedure the ******* forceps slipped and pulled my vas deferen (the tube that their cutting) I sat up on the table and told him completely serious blitzed out of my mind from the versed "if that happens again I'm beating your eyes out of your head." I was PISSED! Not the smartest thing to say when a guy is holding your sack with a knife but whatever that was the only bad part of the procedure. I had zero pain otherwise throughout the procedure.

Day 1 wasn't bad at home.
Day 2 was a little worse but the frozen peas and carrots definitely helped.
Day 3 I drank Natural Light and moved around some. It wasn't bad but a little swelling and bruising was noted.
I'd do it all over again for sure no questions asked.
Now that it's all over I've realized it's an entertaining story and don't mind a good laugh at my expense!

Cold or not I feel like what's about to happen to you is enough for the goods to try to run and hide haha.

And I'm glad you called your Doc out like that lmao. If you snip nuts for a living every now and then you should probly be threatened to be as careful as possible!

SC HUNTER

FNG
Now that it's all over I've realized it's an entertaining story and don't mind a good laugh at my expense!

Cold or not I feel like what's about to happen to you is enough for the goods to try to run and hide haha.

And I'm glad you called your Doc out like that lmao. If you snip nuts for a living every now and then you should probly be threatened to be as careful as possible!
After a week or so I was good to go. Hell

After the procedure about 4 days later I was good to go. My wife told the doctor I was completely serious when I sat up.

TheGDog

WKR
Pharmaceuticals are a weak spot for me. 1 Benadryl will knock me out in 20 minutes
The ONLY thing that *WAS* like that, for me... was Ambien.

The first time you use it... you DAMN WELL better use it like they say and not take it until you are ACTUALLY at your bed. Otherwise... if let's say you take one... with the thought that "Meh, when I start to feel it kick-in I'll go to bed." and remain seated at your computer terminal... a lot of less than good things can happen.

Such as waking up in your computer chair... looking at all the wrappers/evidence of having eaten at your desk. The "Uh Oh" of possibly having made posts to social media or hunting forums when in an altered state. Or knowing that you invoked/watched a program, such as on Netflix. But you can't remember how it went.

Also... the other highly dangerous thing about taking Ambien while being in front of your computer is that you just might wake up and go "Oh Sh!t... I ordered WHAT!?" Items you'd been considering purchasing but prudence told you now isn't the time.. welp... that prudence went out the door.

SC HUNTER

FNG
The ONLY thing that *WAS* like that, for me... was Ambien.

The first time you use it... you DAMN WELL better use it like they say and not take it until you are ACTUALLY at your bed. Otherwise... if let's say you take one... with the thought that "Meh, when I start to feel it kick-in I'll go to bed." and remain seated at your computer terminal... a lot of less than good things can happen.

Such as waking up in your computer chair... looking at all the wrappers/evidence of having eaten at your desk. The "Uh Oh" of possibly having made posts to social media or hunting forums when in an altered state. Or knowing that you invoked/watched a program, such as on Netflix. But you can't remember how it went.

Also... the other highly dangerous thing about taking Ambien while being in front of your computer is that you just might wake up and go "Oh Sh!t... I ordered WHAT!?" Items you'd been considering purchasing but prudence told you now isn't the time.. welp... that prudence went out the door.
We had a span of about 2 semesters worth of time when kids at the local college would take ambien and fight the sleep and drink to have the euphoric high from it. Hallucinations, inability to rationalize anything etc. They would get ****** up out of their mind then a roommate would call 911. A guy that we dealt with regularly showed up to a convenient store in his whitey tighties with a ruger p95 in the waistband trying to buy beer.....cause of irrational behavior? Ambien...and a little meth.

A little meth goes a long way.

I appreciate this thread. I'm on the fence about getting the snip and I'm not sure if this thread is helping or hurting. Honestly, I think the only hold-up at this time is making appts and sitting in doctor's waiting rooms. I really can't stand the waiting around that healthcare facilities deem normal operating procedure.

I didn't read the replies, sure there's lots of interesting posts. For me the procedure was a piece of cake, just weird. The three years after were pretty rough and still do this day if I catch a cold my right nut will ache for days. Yall ever see rabbits breed? After the male is "done" he falls to the ground and flops around... yeah that was me for about 6 months afterward, immediately "after" it felt like a channel lock pliers clamping down with gorilla force on the right nut, talk about negative incentive but I still had the drive so kept trying lol. It gradually went away over time with small flare ups here and there. Doc just kept giving me antibiotics for some reason and sending me on my way. After that it ached constantly nonstop for a few years.

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR

I appreciate this thread. I'm on the fence about getting the snip and I'm not sure if this thread is helping or hurting. Honestly, I think the only hold-up at this time is making appts and sitting in doctor's waiting rooms. I really can't stand the waiting around that healthcare facilities deem normal operating procedure.
I started this thread because I was on the fence. Now that it’s all done, worth it. Shoot up the club worry free. Just take it easy for a few days after.

E-Rawk

FNG

If you're considering it at all, just go ahead and make the appointment with the doc. My first appointment was a consult and took maybe 30 minutes including my time in the waiting room. Doc came in, said "you're sure you wanna do this?" when I responded yes he told me he would send me with a prescription for a single valium and to take it 30 minutes before my appointment on this date. Then I showed up on that date and I was in and out in an hour or less. Took more time for them to set up the equipment than it did to do the procedure.

As an aside, go ahead and shave the boys before the appointment. I think that makes the whole day go faster.

I’m a few hours post op. Bag of peas on the boys and a Coors in my hand. Procedure was going well, one down, number two was under way and then I blacked out. Not sure what happened. Could have been the nitrous. Wife is being nice for now, but I am sure the jokes are right around the corner. It’s over now and I’ve got a couple days off work.

SC HUNTER

FNG
@DAOutfitters208 at least you don't remember the second one right? My wife was very sweet the first day but day two she was sick of me again. I drank copious amounts of natural light the first and second day as well.

TheGDog

WKR
I didn't read the replies, sure there's lots of interesting posts. For me the procedure was a piece of cake, just weird. The three years after were pretty rough and still do this day if I catch a cold my right nut will ache for days. Yall ever see rabbits breed? After the male is "done" he falls to the ground and flops around... yeah that was me for about 6 months afterward, immediately "after" it felt like a channel lock pliers clamping down with gorilla force on the right nut, talk about negative incentive but I still had the drive so kept trying lol. It gradually went away over time with small flare ups here and there. Doc just kept giving me antibiotics for some reason and sending me on my way. After that it ached constantly nonstop for a few years.
The anti-biotic? Well... IF the thought was it could be from infection being in the area of your operation, which is near the Prostate, apparently it's harder to kill off something if it gets in there, because supposedly the blood flow into that particular region, in terms of it carrying in the anti-biotic, is not as good, especially when we sit a lot for a job.

As a young man, early to mid 20's, there was a period where I was suffering and felt like I was never "done" after taking a piss. My bladder wasn't voiding, would be what they'd say clinically.

The GP doc had me on an anti-biotic for a month! And here's the weird deal... while I was on them... that symptom subsided by quite a lot! Then after I was done... it came back! So then this time... he puts me on freakin' Floxin, which is a really powerful broad-spectrum antibiotic and is like 16 buck PER PILL!

Again... while taking the antibiotic, strangely the symptoms would greatly diminish. Then... afterward.. came right back! So he realized that a bacterium can't be the cause, so he referred me to a urologist. As you can imagine he wouldn't think to do that initially cause here I was a very healthy young man working out regularly.

So then appt with a Urologist. He does an endoscope (YEEESH!! Something you'll NEVER forget!) and finds that inside my bladder looks fine. Nice and pink, no redness. So... he correctly guesses that my issue was because of the smooth-walled muscles in the bladder twitching and being hyper-motile.

At this time I was in the beginning of my career as a programmer. As well as training regular at the gym. And as you might imagine, I started to adopt the habit of consuming coffee and other stimulants related to both these activities.

So two things... first of all, needed to GREATLY cut back on intake of stimulants. And I hazard to guess a CRAP-TON of Americans need to do this. Secondly... some lifts, if done improper can contribute to this problem/feeling because there are these two thin muscles which pass right by your urethra which, if subjected to hypertrophy in a certain way due to improper poor form while doing various lifts, can grow and thus exert pressure on your urethral tube.

Ultimately he gave me an Rx for Ditropan (aka Oxybutynin Hydrochloride, which is a derivative of the Nightshade plant.. the same poison used in that Romeo and Juliet play, just to much lower doses) This compound works to stop that hyper-motility and twitchiness of those smooth-walled muscles (i.e. NOT the ones WE can control, the autonomous ones).

So first, if I were you, I'd experiment with cutting out all caffeine and similar stimulants. See if it has an affect. Then if no change. Goto urologist and explain the problem, and maybe ask if in this instance something like the Ditropan might help?

Last edited:
The anti-biotic? Well... IF the thought was it could be from infection being in the area of your operation, which is near the Prostate, apparently it's harder to kill off something if it gets in there, because supposedly the blood flow into that particular region, in terms of it carrying in the anti-biotic, is not as good, especially when we sit a lot for a job.

-snip-

So first, if I were you, I'd experiment with cutting out all caffeine and similar stimulants. See if it has an affect. Then if no change. Goto urologist and explain the problem, and maybe ask if in this instance something like the Ditropan might help?
Thanks for the input on all that, interesting. I asked if he thought I had an infection and he said no, just that the AB had antiinflamatory properties. I went back quite a few times and always same story. The worst part was the 6 months or so of the pliers feel after "finishing" but that was also cyclical, it would be horribly bad then gradually get better each time for about a week or so, then it would gradually get bad, took about a week or so each time. Over the 6 month period it kept cycling in and out but overall symptoms trended towards less severity, and after that period I only had that issue once more about a year later. This was in 2017. Probably all of 2018 the right on had a constant ache of various severity. 2019 and 2020 was just an ache for a month or so then go away for a while and come back. Now days it's fine unless I catch a cold, Covid for example, I know I'm getting sick before I get sick because the right one will start aching and like magic the next day or two cold symptoms set in. Interesting input about the stimulants as I am a fairly heavy user of caffeine. I should have gone to a different urologist when this was all happening to get a second opinion and separate set of eye on the problem, but this guy was on my insurance and I had some cheap insurance at the time.

kbox

FNG
Had mine years ago. Put me to sleep in the office. Frozen peas are your friend. Did on Friday, back to work Monday.

Finally got in to get mine done. I originally scheduled out into March, but the MD decided to spend all day today getting a bunch of them done. I was on the table and prepped (prep meaning I just took pants off, laid down and covered up.)Two little pokes on each side and never felt a thing. From the time of the first poke to the time I got off the table was less than 20 minutes. Only "pain" was the little shot and even that only lasted for a second.

Dwnw/theAltitudesickness

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting observation @ScreamingPotato similar feeling for me on the clamping down. But less on the nut more on the tube thing from the nut. Very specifically only on the left one. Same small flare ups, sometimes after doing the deed sometimes randomly. 100% would do again, pain is worth the prices..... as long as another baby doesn't come.

Oh and for most guys I have talked to, we have all smelled the cauterizing/ burning flesh. Think a mint gum would help with that.

SC HUNTER

FNG
Interesting observation @ScreamingPotato similar feeling for me on the clamping down. But less on the nut more on the tube thing from the nut. Very specifically only on the left one. Same small flare ups, sometimes after doing the deed sometimes randomly. 100% would do again, pain is worth the prices..... as long as another baby doesn't come.

Oh and for most guys I have talked to, we have all smelled the cauterizing/ burning flesh. Think a mint gum would help with that.
Funny you say this I told my wife last night, well at 3 this morning, that if I knew 5 years ago what I know now that I'd have done it then! We have 1 son together and she has 2 from a previous marriage, the baby is an absolute f'n terrorist at 11 months old! I love the kid to death but he may seriously be the death of me.

I know this thread is about a year old now but I'm on deck to get mine Thursday and super nervous about it.
This thread has helped and not helped me feel any better about it.
The anxiety med they prescribe is Xanax, which the one time I've taken it gave me the exact opposite reaction it's supposed to have. I got cotton mouth something terrible and more anxious.
I asked for something different and told them the reason. Nope still going to give me Xanax. So this should be interesting if I have the same reaction as last time. Tempted to just not take it.
Is really necessary?

Finch

WKR
I know this thread is about a year old now but I'm on deck to get mine Thursday and super nervous about it.
This thread has helped and not helped me feel any better about it.
The anxiety med they prescribe is Xanax, which the one time I've taken it gave me the exact opposite reaction it's supposed to have. I got cotton mouth something terrible and more anxious.
I asked for something different and told them the reason. Nope still going to give me Xanax. So this should be interesting if I have the same reaction as last time. Tempted to just not take it.
Is really necessary?
I never took anything prior to the procedure. The only thing I was anxious about was the pretty nurse taping my pecker to my stomach. Shrinkage!